Newbie Tailgate Question

rolltide33

Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
Hi guys. I've searched tailgating so I've gotten some good info from some of your previous threads, but I still have 1 question:

I am a dish network customer with an extra 311 receiver at the house. I also have an old direct tv dish laying around that was on the house prior to the dish install. I was wondering if I can use that dish for the dish network receiver or am I forced to scrounge up a dish prior to this Saturday!

Like I said, I know nothing about this stuff so here is what was written on the label of the RCA Direct TV Dish:

BSS 12.2 -12.7 GHZ
TCE Stock # 23594
BSNA4-202B lot # M03

I appreciate any help!

How many LNBFs does the Direct TV dish have? If it just has 1 then it will work to get 1 satellite location as a legacy dish. Honestly, it may be easier to just buy a Dish 500 so you can get both 110 and 119.

OK, I'm assuming the LNB is the arm that extends out from the dish itself. I believe it just had one. I also get that I need two to get the two satellites for local and ESPN, etc. It seems like I've seen a dual LNB somewhere before. Am I crazy or can you buy that piece?

If not, are there any suggestions where I could come across a Dish 500 by this weekend? There is a group of us who tailgate so splitting it up means we can pay A LITTLE more, hopefully not too much.

Unfortunately our dish went down in an unfortunate post LSU Tigers loss incident in Baton Rouge this past weekend!

Thanks for your help

Normally, I would say time to hit E-bay, but I doubt you could get it quick enough. You can head down to a local retailer and see what they have. What I actually did was found a Dish guy (in a van) and slipped him $20 to get an extra Dish 500 with the LNBFs. It was used but works great!

OK, I'm assuming the LNB is the arm that extends out from the dish itself. I believe it just had one. I also get that I need two to get the two satellites for local and ESPN, etc. It seems like I've seen a dual LNB somewhere before. Am I crazy or can you buy that piece?

The LNB is the thing stuck to the end of the arm. A dual LNB allows two receivers to be connected but it still only picks up one satellite location. ESPN is at 119, if your locals are somewhere else you would have to repoint the dish to change back and forth.

625 modem won't dial out

Dish Network DVR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts