Newbie with lots of ?'s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rexorg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
North Central Indiana
Greetings,

I found this site not long ago when looking for info about HD locals. I never realized that there would be so much interest in the technical side of satellite TV, or for that matter just talking about satellite TV programs, etc. Since I am now hooked too I have several questions I would like to ask. I hope I don't sound too stupid and please excuse me if these have been answered before:

1. Is a "Legacy" receiver a brand name, or a reference to an "old" receiver?

2. Why does E* have so many different receivers?

3. How do some members know about all the techical issues about E* such as uplinking, position of satellites, etc.? Are they CIA or HSA agents, or just techo geeks?

4. Are the two MCs on Charlie Chat the real persons who started E*, or just actors impersonating them for laughs?

5. What company or companies make the equipment (dishes and receivers) for E*?

6. Do a lot of people steal satelitte service?

Rexorg said:
Greetings,

I found this site not long ago when looking for info about HD locals. I never realized that there would be so much interest in the technical side of satellite TV, or for that matter just talking about satellite TV programs, etc. Since I am now hooked too I have several questions I would like to ask. I hope I don't sound too stupid and please excuse me if these have been answered before:

1. Is a "Legacy" receiver a brand name, or a reference to an "old" receiver?

2. Why does E* have so many different receivers?

3. How do some members know about all the techical issues about E* such as uplinking, position of satellites, etc.? Are they CIA or HSA agents, or just techo geeks?

4. Are the two MCs on Charlie Chat the real persons who started E*, or just actors impersonating them for laughs?

5. What company or companies make the equipment (dishes and receivers) for E*?

6. Do a lot of people steal satelitte service?

1. Older type but still good.

2. To keep the confusion going.

3. I think they stayed at the Holiday Inn last night.

4. Your answer sounds good to me.

5. Direct TV.

6. No. But some have been known to borrow it.

Clancy said:
1. Older type but still good.

2. To keep the confusion going.

3. I think they stayed at the Holiday Inn last night.

4. Your answer sounds good to me.

5. Direct TV.

6. No. But some have been known to borrow it.

Sure, let's all play 'confuse the newbie . . .'

Answers (according to Dish)

1. Correct

2. Not everyone's needs are the same, a lot are outdated but will still work. (Otherwise, pretty good answer.)

3. Information is available to all, you just have to figure out how to find and understand it. (Although, staying at HI is not a bad idea.)

4. Actual people, (I don't think actors could be that funny.)

5. Be serious. Most equipment is done via contractors (but I don't think Direct TV would ever get a contract to manufacture E*'s stuff.)

7. Borrow, with no intention of paying (boy, they do pay though!)

Well.... The indy locals were just uplinked to 119k (118.75°) at 4pm Wednesday. Not available yet, but coming soon.

BTW, the term "legacy" really refers to receivers that cannot handle the "DishPro" type LNBs. Of course the "Legacy" LNBs are the ones that came before the DishPro series.

See ya
Tony

garys said:
Sure, let's all play 'confuse the newbie . . .'

Answers (according to Dish)

1. Correct

2. Not everyone's needs are the same, a lot are outdated but will still work. (Otherwise, pretty good answer.)

3. Information is available to all, you just have to figure out how to find and understand it. (Although, staying at HI is not a bad idea.)

4. Actual people, (I don't think actors could be that funny.)

5. Be serious. Most equipment is done via contractors (but I don't think Direct TV would ever get a contract to manufacture E*'s stuff.)

7. Borrow, with no intention of paying (boy, they do pay though!)

I think my original reply is funnier than yours.
Lighten up.

Honestly it wasn't that funny, especially since you botched the holiday inn joke...It's holiday inn EXPRESS...duh...

Obviously you stayed at the marriott last night or you'd have known that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)