Status
Please reply by conversation.

ratman1959

Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Okay, I purchased a satellite system ( The CoolSat 4000 PRO Universal Package) that includes the Coolsat 400 pro, ForTec Star 33" dish, Coolsat CS-LNBL (with an LO of 10.75GHz).

I've connected everything together and according to the receiver, I get (power?) Levels of between 70 and 85% from about 20 different satellites, but the quality is consistantly below 10% and when I try to scan for channels, I don't get anything!!! :confused:

Like the title says, I'm a newbie (to the world of satellites), but I have a 4yr degree in computer engineering, I've worked in the field of electronics for over 20yrs, and I'm retired military :usa (so, yeah I know how to find azimuth and elevation).

I'm not trying to be smug, but I wanted you to know, I'm not a complete idiot either.

Thanks.

Hi ratman1959! Welcome to SatelliteGuys! I'm sure one of the experts will ring in soon enough. Being a holiday weekend traffic is a little light today. Hang in there. I'm sure some one here will have a suggestion soon enough. Your question might best be asked in the FTA forum though since Dish Network does not have any FTA programming to speak of. Even with a great signal you will not get any programming from Dish unless you have a Dish receiver.

Also keep in mind that this is not a hack site. Discussions on how to get programming from Dish or DirecTV without paying for it is strictly prohibited!

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts