Newly hired installer question???

sserrano49

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
New Mexico
I just recently accepted a dish network job in New Mexico and am getting sent to Phoenix on Monday. I need to buy some work boots and recently went searching. I found some Timberland Pro 6" Pit Boss that i really liked my question is do these fit all the requirements for the job and if they do does anyone use these or have used. Thank
heres a link
Timberland PRO 6" Pit Boss Steel Toe - Multiview

These are great for outside work, but keep a pair of clean tennis shoes with you for the inside work or at least have some booty covers. Most residences are not construction sites and unlike managements popular belief it is my personal opinion to have at least 2 kinds of foot ware available to you. It's all about working smart, not hard.

stardust3 said:
These are great for outside work, but keep a pair of clean tennis shoes with you for the inside work or at least have some booty covers. Most residences are not construction sites and unlike managements popular belief it is my personal opinion to have at least 2 kinds of foot ware available to you. It's all about working smart, not hard.

That be awesome if DNS allowed for using tennis shoes. If you are in house then they will be providing boot covers.

Really, walmart has boots, cheap that fit the requirement too, untill you feel you need a better boot.

90 degree heel, 3/4 inch lugs, and made of leather not synthetic. Preferably dark as in black or brown, but alot of guys wear the light brown boot.

Thanks guys i would have put this in the installer section but i dont have access yet so i figured this would be the next best place. The reason i dont go with walmart or cheap boots is i used to work construction a few years back and those boots used to kill me feet and wear out fairly quick so i switch to timberland pro and they worked pretty good for me. I would use my old boots but they are destroyed from concrete lol.

If you wear tennis shoes, you will lose your job. DNS will provide shoe covers. When are you coming out to Phx? The trainer here is pretty cool. There have been constant new hire groups for the past few months.

Straybeat said:
I thought you could only wear those boots if you are DMX or generally rap for a living? :p

I think you are referring to timberlands, the brand.

You sound ignorant.

Timberland has an amazing lineup of work boots that take a beating.

I'll still be off work roofing my house monday, but if I find a reason to go in I'll be sure to say hello

Well Frank, I can tell you have the sense of humor of a rock.

You know why they put Marines on Navy ships?
Sheep are too obvious! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)