News Corp could lose spying trial over Murdoch, ABC reports

Considering how hard DirectTV went after people with "cards" the past few years, I hope they get nailed harder than a working girl during fleet week.

DirecTV has nothing to do with this. It took place years before Murdoch bought into DirecTV and he no longer owns any of DirecTV.

DirecTV has nothing to do with this. It took place years before Murdoch bought into DirecTV and he no longer owns any of DirecTV.
umm sorry dude..but this was happening WHILE Murdoch owned Directv (prolly WHY he was doing it)

While DirecTV is not a party in the matter they are still involved.

If you believe Echostar's version of things DirecTV was looking into dumping NDS and going with Nagra for their CAS. It is during the the time period that this was taking place the NDS leaked the secrets for the Nagra cards. DirecTV stayed with NDS. And the rest is history.

Now if DirecTV wouldn't have been in talks with Nagra would have NDS leaked the Nagra code?

While DirecTV is not a party in the matter they are still involved.

If you believe Echostar's version of things DirecTV was looking into dumping NDS and going with Nagra for their CAS. It is during the the time period that this was taking place the NDS leaked the secrets for the Nagra cards. DirecTV stayed with NDS. And the rest is history.

Now if DirecTV wouldn't have been in talks with Nagra would have NDS leaked the Nagra code?

THings that make you go hhhhhmmmmmnnnnn.....;)

Just to connect the dots, NDS is part of News Corporation which also owns Fox so if folks wonder why Dish doesn't have certain programming such as Speed in HD it maybe because of this lawsuit.

Just to connect the dots, NDS is part of News Corporation which also owns Fox so if folks wonder why Dish doesn't have certain programming such as Speed in HD it maybe because of this lawsuit.

Could this be a reason why DISH Network still does not carry Fox Business Network?
The reason that Speed HD and Fox Business are not E* is due to this lawsuit over tier placement of FNC. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/118128-fox-news-sues-echostar.html

I don't know much about this lawsuit but I do know competition is good for the consumer. I highly doubt any of the money won would into making E* better for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)