News on new HD channels on E* is......

STORMBO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
always bad! From Golf channel to rsn's to Inhd....................................My friends with D* just keep bragging.

Last edited:
You strike me as the type who won't be happy unless your provider adds a new HD channel every month..... Why not switch to D* or your local cableco ?? My money says they ain't adding HD any quicker.

Especially, since they do not have anything to brag about, but promises that D* has been making and breaking for years.

Especially, since they do not have anything to brag about, but promises that D* has been making and breaking for years.

The only promise they have been making last year was LiL and RSN's. Guess what? they have twice as many as Dish. What has dish promised? LiL and RSN's. How many have they been adding? Thought so.

Such a silly argument....D* is better than E* (sticking out tongue)....grow up already. Who cares who has more HD channels. Most of them are crap anyway on both providers. There is more than enough HD available on both providers that one can watch at any given time. The argument should be...who has the better quality HD not the most crap. More is not better in a race for mediocrity.

We will see but as far as HD Programming Dish is the leader. :)

As far as Nationals with Voom, No question Dish is the Leader right now. However, as far as LiL they are way behind and falling. Most people like you have been waiting for HDLiL and no word from Dish on their plans.

D* said 2007. It is now 2007. They have not broken any promises as far as new HD goes.

In 2003 they started making the same promises they claim will finally come to pass in 2007, 100+ HD etc. From Voom to Dish, other DBS's have continued to bring more national HD to the consumer. DirecTV can only claim to provide more local stations and regional sports. That's their niche.

If you need to watch your local news and only want to follow your local sports, then enjoy SD on D*.
For those looking for a varied programming schedule of HD in arts, movies, sports, and the rest then facts speak for themselves in sat providers, Dish.

Otherwise it's all just whining.

A And E Big Deal

...but yet another channel that isn't available in HD from Directv. One channel, no big deal. 4 national network HD channels, much bigger deal. Add in the Voom pack with 15 channels, now there's 19 national channels that aren't available from Directv.

I'm perfectly happy where I am, thank you, and have no interest in Directv at this time.

I am D* customer switching to E* because of the HD content difference...my install is scheduled this Saturday! I have been a D* customer for almost 10 years and my brother-in-law an E* customer for about the same period. He's the only one whose been bragging lately. Until D* actually launches new HD channels, they have nothing to brag about. I will take a net gain with Staz HD, HGTV HD, NG HD, Food Network HD, and VOOM channels, along with a great HD DVR and be very happy until D* can gain an advantage...if that is possible.

A And E Big Deal

Yet another instance where it is raining dollar bills and people insist on complaining on how DISH is littering.

It's another HD channel. Don't like it, don't watch it. Tell you what. I'll take your share of A&E and you can have all my ESPN.