Nexstar, DISH Network reach multi-year agreement

Like I posted earlier, Nexstar operates both my local NBC and FOX stations. The NBC local is now up and running as a result of this agreement but FOX has been down for months and is still down. The guide shows no programming and the station itself shows access to fox programming through the options of OTA antenna and the Fox app.

The FOX station is shown as owned by Warwick Communications but operated by Nexstar. The FOX local webpage shows the local NBC station as a "sister" station.

The info page also says that the NBC local is owned by Nexstar. Since they are related stations, and both operated by Nexstar, I don't understand why I still don't have FOX. It must be something local because the disagreement between the FOX local and Dish has been going on for many months so I don't see it getting resolved at all. The NBC dispute only lasted a month or so.

The other thing causing this may be that even though they are both operated by Nexstar and are sister stations, the fact that the FOX local is actually owned by Warwick may be the kicker.
Nexstar has different levels of station management agreements, and not all of them include retrans negotiating rights. The current ongoing Dish/Mission Broadcasting dispute is a good example, since most Mission owned stations are managed by Nexstar. What are your Fox station's call letters? Mission has purchased several stations in the past year or so.

Nexstar has different levels of station management agreements, and not all of them include retrans negotiating rights. The current ongoing Dish/Mission Broadcasting dispute is a good example, since most Mission owned stations are managed by Nexstar. What are your Fox station's call letters? Mission has purchased several stations in the past year or so.
The Fox station's call letters are KFXK.

The Fox station's call letters are KFXK.
Hmmm, it looks like a sale to Mission as part of a bigger sale to Nexstar fell through some years ago, with White Knight Broadcasting (Warwick Communications) retaining ownership with the station operating under a shared services agreement with Nexstar's KLPN. Where it gets interesting, is that Mission has a management agreement with White Knight and negotiates KFYK's retrans agreements along with the Mission owned stations, so they are still off Dish under that dispute. And the lawyers get even richer... ;)

They sure do get richer! And they complicate things as you described, to insure there is always some legal chaos going on because of all the entities involved. No wonder Dish wants nothing to do with them.

They sure do get richer! And they complicate things as you described, to insure there is always some legal chaos going on because of all the entities involved. No wonder Dish wants nothing to do with them.
It looks like Nexstar picked up a lot of stations on the cheap. From what I read some of them were going off the air if someone didn't buy them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts