Nexstar/Mission/White Knight dispute with DIRECTV

If this drags out long enough, I could see D* giving people without Fox Telemundo since they have Spanish rights to the Women's World Cup. They did this for Sunday Night Football in areas that lost NBC during the Tegna dispute in 2020. (That contract is likely up in a few months too.)

If this drags out long enough, I could see D* giving people without Fox Telemundo since they have Spanish rights to the Women's World Cup. They did this for Sunday Night Football in areas that lost NBC during the Tegna dispute in 2020. (That contract is likely up in a few months too
They didn't give them Telemundo's east/west coast national feeds on 406 and 407, they gave them NBC Universo on channel 410, which used to be mun2 until February 2015.

I am hoping I can load CW app on the Gemini since there is the NextStar dispute
I have a Genie, and for whatever reason I CANNOT go to 1002 CBS or 1004 NBC on demand. My CBS and NBC stations are both in disputes currently.
Since I think you still have a Genie currently, can you check if you're missing 1005 CW on demand?

Is it possible to load CW app & KTLA+ on the Gemini? My local CW KTLA is part of the dispute. I have the apps on Apple TV 4K but it is sort of annoying having to switch inputs. I just ordered my upgrade to Gemini this afternoon.

I have a Genie, and for whatever reason I CANNOT go to 1002 CBS or 1004 NBC on demand. My CBS and NBC stations are both in disputes currently.
Since I think you still have a Genie currently, can you check if you're missing 1005 CW on demand?
Yes I am missing 1005 CW on demand. I receive an error that the channel is not available. I am currently watching KTLA 5 over the air or using the streaming apps on my Apple TV 4K.

Wow. I guess this is what happens during disputes now, not only are you blocked from watching the station on the network's app, you're also blocked from watching the On Demand content of the networks affiliated with the stations in the disputes.

Wow. I guess this is what happens during disputes now, not only are you blocked from watching the station on the network's app, you're also blocked from watching the On Demand content of the networks affiliated with the stations in the disputes.

I am able to watch KTLA news via the KTLA+ app and CW shows via the CW app on Apple TV 4K. Neither require a log in to access.

It's simple. The stations have exclusive rights to their Networks content in a given DMA. The stations in the dispute have told DirecTV that they cannot provide their network's content via any DirecTV channel in that DMA.

Well during previous disputes (except ones with the networks themselved where their owned-and-operated stations and On Demand channels were gone) you could still access the On Demand content from the affected network. Like when my area was just in the Mission dispute, affecting my CBS station, I could still access CBS On Demand. Now that my CBS AND NBC are BOTH off, they blocked both CBS AND NBC on demand!
I still remember KyL saying when the Mission dispute just started over on the Edgecutter site that On Demand deals were tied to the networks themselves and their owned stations, NOT ALSO the affiliate stations!
Thanks to a neat little thing called the Wayback Machine, this is EXACTLY what he said! (and I even enlarged, bolded, and italicized it for good measure!)
On Demand is tied to the their deal with the networks and has nothing to do with individual affiliates.

In the Scranton suburbs upgrading to something VHF capable like a classic style of rabbit ears and a UHF loop should get you both WBRE and WYOU. Like I'm in the Poconos and can pull in WBRE and WYOU, along with WBPH from the Lehigh Valley with a cheap pair of rabbit ears I got over 20 years ago from the dollar store.

Yeah! That's what I'm saying! When I try to go to 1002 CBS OD or 1004 NBC OD they say "channel not available" at the top, and when I select the CBS logo in the on demand section of the main menu, I get the "1002 (CBS) is currently not available" message

ah yes you are right, but I recon something similar would happen during Women's World Cup/Telemundo
The ironic thing is, and I'm not sure if its a mistake ever since it was added back in February to the satellite side of the Stream app, that I can stream Telemundo East (406) through the app, but I cannot tune to it on my boxes, since I just get a 721 error on those when I try

What s crazy is the national feed of telemundo is only SD ... its only HD in select local markets so no HD feed for me in Norfolk VA

What s crazy is the national feed of telemundo is only SD ... its only HD in select local markets so no HD feed for me in Norfolk VA
I’ve been to Williamsburg (which is in the Norfolk DMA), and what’s also crazy is that I never saw Telemundo on the channel lineups of either of the two resorts I stayed at [which both use Cox cable by the way]

Reactions: dtv757
Crazy yea don't get me started on how horrible cox.. and their internet is ... im so sick of this monopoly .

I think RVA has a local telemundo station.