Next Star Trek Movie to be a Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now my dad , who is now 68, won't even go high def. He thinks his 1995 Magnavox color /stereo tv is good enough . He has a high def dvr 622 that I bought him but no high def tv. I guess with age comes techonophobia or just plain cheapness.

I'm starting to get there myself. :)

The sentiment is "Eh, good enough." :)

See ya
Tony

I wonder why he expected to be blown away compared to the HD broadcasts? The improvement, if any, would only be incremental from a proper-bandwidth HD broadcast.

I am not expecting PQ any better than a typical HD broadcast. What I am most looking forward to is the re-recorded soundtrack, and CGI effects. The HD picture, unless there is something seriously wrong, should suit me just fine. (It will be weird watching HD in 4:3 aspect ratio, tho.)

Cable broadcasts would be (likely) a max of 1440x1080i. The HD DVDs should be the full res 1920x1080i (or 1080p) and at the full bitrate, meaning it should be a lot better image than what was broadcast when the remastered episodes were re-aired earlier this year...

Because most cable and both sat companies don't broadcast HD as true HD. It's downrezzed to 1440 or even as low as 1280.

With OTA, if you can get OTA, you might get 1920, but a lot of stations sub-channel their bandwith (some extremely so) and so you might not be getting 1920, you might be getting 1440.

'Nuff of the hijacking of this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)