Next step in clearing "check swith"

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
I have a new VIP211K and a 1000.2 dish combo. I could not get tthe 1000.2 to 'see' the correct birds. To make sure I did not have a faulty reciever I hooked the 211K to a stationary Dish 500. The 211K works great. I got several HD channels so the HD part of the 211K works also. When I started to use my 1000.2 Dish I needed to clear the Dish 500 'check switch' info out of the receiver. I disconnected the Sat In coax and ran 'check switch'. When the message about "not recommended to remove satellites" appears do I go ahead and save or what? I've learned that these messages have a lot of impact on how well the reciever works so I need some guidance.
Thanks​

If you are on the WARC, all you need to do is go to the point dish and select one of the Sat's on the WARC and then select "Done" I just replaced my 722 on the EARC with a 1000.4 and the instructions that came with it were outdated. The check switch wanted me to go to a sat I was no longer aimed at. The CSR had me point to 77 and select "Done". After that it downloaded everything and I was set to go on the EARC.

If you are on the WARC, all you need to do is go to the point dish and select one of the Sat's on the WARC and then select "Done" I just replaced my 722 on the EARC with a 1000.4 and the instructions that came with it were outdated. The check switch wanted me to go to a sat I was no longer aimed at. The CSR had me point to 77 and select "Done". After that it downloaded everything and I was set to go on the EARC.

What I specifically need to know is when I do a 'check switch' to clear the Dish 500 info out of the reciever and I get the message warning me about 'removing satellites not recomended' do I go ahead and save or what?

What I specifically need to know is when I do a 'check switch' to clear the Dish 500 info out of the reciever and I get the message warning me about 'removing satellites not recomended' do I go ahead and save or what?

When I tried to do the check switch, it kept wanting me to aim at 119 for Dish 500 and after doing a check switch I could go no further because it wasn't aimed at 119. As I said, the CSR had me point to 77 on the EARC and then just select "Done". It then proceed to download all the info needed for it to activate. I assume you need to point at an WARC sat and do the same. If you are having problems call up Dish tech support and have them walk you through it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)