Next subchannel you think/hope Dish will add?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
I think Escape will be next as they are owned by the same company who own LAFF and Grit, so they should add that one next. I would like of if they added Bounce as I want to see the next season of Saint and Sinners and I would like if they added METV

Reactions: jamesjimcie
The only other sub channel I need to finally have guide data for all of them, is Comet. When they added Gritt tv that finally gave my Dad his guide information for the channel he likes to watch. The picture quality is very similar to the ota version , so it looks good.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Well, for the ones that have no EPG data (that vaires by DMA), it would make things easier for us so we know what is on. Also, it could be nice using on of the 16 H3 tuners instead of the current ONE OTA tuner. Even with 2 OTA's, that may still be not enough to record all the sub-channel goodneess.

FWIW, I'm sure local broadcasters try to get Dish and DirecTV to provide their sub-channels, but since those services are NOT required under Must Carry rules, I'm pretty sure both sat cos. say, "No Way," to as many as they can, but I seem to remember a few on this forum stating the Dish added one or two sub-channels to thire LIL's. Is this, indeed, the case? It would be more efficient as far as EPG stream size for Dish to provide those networks via sat, but that costs money, as well, I would think. Strange, isn't it? Mom just LOVES those Decades, Cozi, GetTV, and other channels showing old shows. It has been so long since Barnaby Jones aired, it is as if it is NEW to her--and me. Old shows still pull in viewiers, especially if they were good. At least you can count on something good becuase we KNOW those old shows instead of feeling awful for having wasted an hour on a new show that was dissappointing.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I wouldn't assume they pay anything, I would imagine that Katz Broadcasting pays Dish for carriage.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

My thought as well though I am unsure. Another post made me wonder. I guess we a re unlikely to know for sure.

None. Don't need to pay for more ad supported channels I already get free over the air

I would agree 100% if my DMA had the few additional OTA channels I would like; Comet being the primary one. So if Dish added it first, that would be fine by me

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
In a technical sense, I know exactly what it's going to be...NBC Boston. Technically, NBC Boston broadcasts from WNEU DT2, and is translated over WBTS-LD. Therefore, when Dish adds it, as it will be Boston's new NBC affiliate, it will technically be a subchannel that Dish retransmits.

There you go! I'm right! Where's my prize?

In a technical sense, I know exactly what it's going to be...NBC Boston. Technically, NBC Boston broadcasts from WNEU DT2, and is translated over WBTS-LD. Therefore, when Dish adds it, as it will be Boston's new NBC affiliate, it will technically be a subchannel that Dish retransmits.

There you go! I'm right! Where's my prize?
but is true that dish only adds full power stations in HD too? good question?