Next subchannel you think/hope Dish will add?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
but is true that dish only adds full power stations in HD too? good question?

They mostly add subchannels and low power stations that are affiliates of the main networks.

NBC wanted an O&O in Boston, but no other owner was selling. They own their Telemundo affiliate out of New Hampshire, so they decided to put the network there. However, the current affiliate, WHDH, brought up that the signal strength for the Telemundo affiliate was horrible in Boston and points south, when compared to WHDH. So, NBC bought the low power station that translated Telemundo. They decided to put NBC as the DT1 channel on the low power station, but put it on DT2 on the New Hampshire station, leaving Telemundo in tact.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
They mostly add subchannels and low power stations that are affiliates of the main networks.

NBC wanted an O&O in Boston, but no other owner was selling. They own their Telemundo affiliate out of New Hampshire, so they decided to put the network there. However, the current affiliate, WHDH, brought up that the signal strength for the Telemundo affiliate was horrible in Boston and points south, when compared to WHDH. So, NBC bought the low power station that translated Telemundo. They decided to put NBC as the DT1 channel on the low power station, but put it on DT2 on the New Hampshire station, leaving Telemundo in tact.

Very interesting. Would that make Boston the only market where one of the "Big 4" puts their affiliate on a LP?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I'd pay extra to get MeTV. In my area we are too far from the station to get a consistent signal. It would be great to have it on a regular basis. Our local cable company Mediacom carries Heroes & Icons so I hope Dish adds it.

Very interesting. Would that make Boston the only market where one of the "Big 4" puts their affiliate on a LP?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Perhaps. I know that it is geared as a patch for now. As I stated, NBC wants to buy a station to put this new network affiliate on, but there aren't any sellers. This will be mainly NBC network and NBC owned syndicated programing, with local news from the team at NECN. So, it's up to finding someone who will sell. There has been plenty of speculation, including that they were buying the Ion affiliate, trading with Cox to get Boston's FOX affielate, were holding out for Sumbeam to sell them the current NBC affiliate, but no offical word was ever made, until they bought WBTS-LD and added a subchannel on WNEU.

I considered dropping Dish a while back when I saw Charter Cable's lineup, as they have several Portland sub channels, like METV, The Comet, Get TV (Dish has), Decades, Justice TV (Dish has), COZI (FETV on Dish), Laff (Dish has), Escape. They still do not have Antenna TV. as we do not have access to Antenna any way here. If Charter gets Antenna TV, I may at least add the basic Charter package, and go down to a smaller package on Dish. However, we do have most the above sub channels OTA here now. I would love to have Antenna TV, but I do have the majority of my favorite shows they run, on DVD now. So with their current line up on Antenna TV, it is not as important. But I am very happy Dish has added so many sub channels now. Get TV's old TV specials are so much fun to watch. I love the old variety shows.

I considered dropping Dish a while back when I saw Charter Cable's lineup, as they have several Portland sub channels, like METV, The Comet, Get TV (Dish has), Decades, Justice TV (Dish has), COZI (FETV on Dish), Laff (Dish has), Escape. They still do not have Antenna TV. as we do not have access to Antenna any way here. If Charter gets Antenna TV, I may at least add the basic Charter package, and go down to a smaller package on Dish. However, we do have most the above sub channels OTA here now. I would love to have Antenna TV, but I do have the majority of my favorite shows they run, on DVD now. So with their current line up on Antenna TV, it is not as important. But I am very happy Dish has added so many sub channels now. Get TV's old TV specials are so much fun to watch. I love the old variety shows.

You need to keep in mind that for most cable companies, they carry the digital subchannels on your locals, so if no local carries Antenna TV, then Charter won't retransmit the channel.

In my area, we get Antenna TV via WBIN-DT2, but the local calls it WBIN Classic. I had to show people the bumpers at the end of Mr. Ed and such shows to prove that it's actually Antenna TV. Could this be the case in your area?

Could we see Cozi TV going 24/7 and replace FETV in the near future as LAFF replaced BHTV? Did I read somewhere that it extended its hours? Out of the current subchannels which could come to Dish that dont have agreements with local affiliates? Comet maybe what others could/cant?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)