NFL: All-Time Franchise Rankings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thank You, and I respect yours. This is a great topic, BTW. :):up:up:up

Yes, with the doll-drums of a long summer ahead and still a few months away from football, it is fun to remember and talk about the games rich history. Can't wait for the '08 season to start!

Raiders have an all time better regular season record and playoff record than the Steelers. IF the Raiders had 5 SB wins, instead of 3, they would be ranked higher.

The Steelers have been in the league longer than the Raiders, yes they were terrible till 1971, but the Raiders didn't exist till 1960, that is a 27 year difference. If the Raiders started in 1933, would their record still be as good. BTW the Steelers playoff record....Steelers franchise playoff record: 28-20 (.583)...is better than the Raiders playoff record...Raiders franchise playoff record: 25-18 (.581).

Plus lets not forget 5 superbowls....1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005...compared to 3.....1976, 1980, 1983...couldn't even win two in a row, while the Steelers did it twice.

Now should we talk about the sanity and stability between the two owners? You know you can't win that point.

The Bengals are where I thought they would be and so are the Redskins.

At least you were alive when they won a championship.

I'm STILL WAITING for my Sabres to sip from Stanley!

Please. I have no sympathy for either you Sabres, or Paul! ;) How about not being alive to witness Championship glory for ANY of you're major sports teams? :(

Paul, you have the Red Wings, Tigers and Pistons to pick up slack. Sabres, you claim to be a fan of the A's. I'm sure you were alive for their '89 WS Title. My Cleveland franchises have last witnessed ultimate glory back in 1964 (Browns- NFL Champions).

I will be taking off work for a month when a Cleveland Franchise finally wins the big one. I will be drinking heavily and celebrating like there's no tomorrow! And you're all invited to help celebrate the long overdue glory! Oh, man it's gonna be a good day once that happens! ;):D

Sabres, you claim to be a fan of the A's. I'm sure you were alive for their '89 WS Title. My Cleveland franchises have last witnessed ultimate glory back in 1964 (Browns- NFL Champions).

I didn't become an A's fan until 1999. (However, I do remember the earthquake), so that should clear things up.

I really wasn't that much into baseball until after the 1994 strike.

I'd watch the Saturday/Sunday Game of the Week and playoff games, but I never had a live-and-die-with baseball team until the late 1990s.

The Steelers have been in the league longer than the Raiders, yes they were terrible till 1971, but the Raiders didn't exist till 1960, that is a 27 year difference. If the Raiders started in 1933, would their record still be as good. BTW the Steelers playoff record....Steelers franchise playoff record: 28-20 (.583)...is better than the Raiders playoff record...Raiders franchise playoff record: 25-18 (.581).

Plus lets not forget 5 superbowls....1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005...compared to 3.....1976, 1980, 1983...couldn't even win two in a row, while the Steelers did it twice.

Now should we talk about the sanity and stability between the two owners? You know you can't win that point.

Perhaps the last stat they went by was HEAD to HEAD!!!! until recently the RAIDERS were the only team in the NFL who won more against every team it has played!! NO other team can say that! 5 super bowl's that is great but like you said in the league a little longer then OAKLAND!! No other team has done as much in such little time!

December 27th, 1957 (2 days after I was born). That was the Lions last NFL championship. ONE playoff win since that day. PATHETIC.

Likewise, the Browns won their last championship 4 months before I was born (12/64), and since a whole lotta people consider me "old", nothing that happened before I was born means anything to me. If you took that list over MY lifetime, "dem Bungles" would be ahead of the Browns.

In one 16-year period (1973-88), the Packers had exactly one winning season. What, are we throwing that out when making this list?

Likewise, the Browns won their last championship 4 months before I was born (12/64), and since a whole lotta people consider me "old", nothing that happened before I was born means anything to me. If you took that list over MY lifetime, "dem Bungles" would be ahead of the Browns.

In one 16-year period (1973-88), the Packers had exactly one winning season. What, are we throwing that out when making this list?

This ranking is not excluding ANY piece of the respective's team history. That's what makes it so accurate IMO. It takes the entire franchise's history in perspective and not just any given window.

Packers franchise record: 637-503-36 (.557) – 5th

Packers championships:
1929, 1930, 1931 (pre-title game era);1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996

Greatest Packers players: Herb Adderley, Tony Canadeo, Willie Davis, Brett Favre, Forrest Gregg, Arnie Herber, Clarke Hinkle, Paul Hornung, Cal Hubbard, Don Hutson, Henry Jordan, Jerry Kramer, James Lofton, Blood McNally, Mike Michalske, Ray Nitschke, Bart Starr, Jim Taylor, Reggie White, Willie Wood

Greatest Packers coach: Vince Lombardi (1959-67), 89-29-4 (.746) – the definitive figure in the NFL's "coming of age" decade of the 1960s, one of the winngest coaches in league history and the only coach to capture five championships in a seven-year period.

Packers claim to fame: The only team to win three straight NFL championships, and they’ve done it twice, as part of a record 12 crowns for TitleTown.

Green Bay's contributions to pro football lore are unmatched:

The Packers play in the most famous arena in football, named for their founder, first star player, first great coach (arguably its greatest) and the man who willed football into this little Great Lakes harbor town: Earl “Curly” Lambeau.

The Super Bowl trophy is named for Green Bay's 1960s coach, Vince Lombardi, one of the great icons of the game and a symbol of old-school American values whose reputation extends beyond sport.

The Packers have won more titles than any other team (12). They’re the only organization to win three straight NFL championships, and they’ve done it twice: Green Bay won three straight from 1929-31, in the pre-title-game era, and then did it again from 1965 to 1967.

^Hard to argue with that history.

The Packers are owned by the fans right?

Correct.

Of all the reasons that make the Green Bay Packers and their story so incredible and unique, the most significant is simply this: The team is literally owned by its fans.

Presently, 112,015 people (representing 4,750,934 shares) can lay claim to a franchise ownership interest.

Shares of stock include voting rights, but the redemption price is minimal, no dividends are ever paid, the stock cannot appreciate in value, and there are no season ticket privileges associated with stock ownership. No shareholder is allowed to own more than 200,000 shares, a safeguard to ensure that no one individual is able to assume control of the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)