NFL Channel Red Zone

I don't expect them to offer an alternative to such a lucrative pay service they already provide, no.

More DirecTV-centric discussion here - http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...d-zone-channel-alternative-sunday-ticket.html

Personally, I'd have dropped ST entirely if they were providing this channel this year. It might not be quite what the current NFLST Red Zone channel is, but if it's half that, it will be fantastic.

I just checked the NFL Network Home Page and it only lists Comcast and Dish as providers of that channel. I didn't go any further to check out the cost.

On Dish it will cost $6/mo for the Sports Pack.

DirecTV sports pack is $12 (or less if you have premiums) a month.

I could see it bringing value to a package that has lost value recently with ESPNU and CBSCH moving to regular packages.

How many NFLST customers would drop NFL for sports pack is their real concern.

DirecTV's "official" RedZone channel would cost me $400. (Sunday Ticket + HD/RedZone). Too rich for my blood.....

With that said, if this alternate RedZone Channel would be offered, I'd pay for the next tier level to gain access in a NY minute!

I don't expect them to offer an alternative to such a lucrative pay service they already provide, no.

Personally, I'd have dropped ST entirely if they were providing this channel this year. It might not be quite what the current NFLST Red Zone channel is, but if it's half that, it will be fantastic.

I'm just the opposite, if they would give us the HD portion, I would DROP the SF part and save $ 100 a year that potentially could go for other D* programming.

So if you have the ST and SF this upcoming year, is the Red Zone still part of it ?
Yes...Red Zone channel is part of the Super Fan add-on.

Clarity, this is the DirecTVs exclusive Red Zone channel which is different than the NFL Red Zone Channel.

Jimbo, I once again have to call in question what your association is with D*. You certainly seem to think that what ever they do is gospel. No business , no matter what area they serve, is always right.

Nope. The ST version is produced by DirecTV, NFLN has built a new desk and stuff in their studio for NFL RedZone.

Will be more or less the same thing, which is why I don't expect DirecTV to carry it.

Jimbo, I once again have to call in question what your association is with D*. You certainly seem to think that what ever they do is gospel. No business , no matter what area they serve, is always right.

Well I give them my money every year, it would be nice to be right about something.

fwiw, I work for AT&T not that that matters.

You seem to be the only one in question ....

Do you have a problem if I like my provider, why do you chose who you chose as a provider, if you don't like the service why would you chose them ?

btw, when did I say that one item was right and someone else was wrong in this thread ?

I don't recall disputing anything here.

Is D* channel going to have anything extra? HD vs SD or something? FWIW, I never subbed to ST for the red zone channel, I can already put on ESPNEWS to check live highlights/scores/analysis for fantasy if I want to. I subbed to watch all Packers games and to choose a better game than the crappy local teams. Not to mention no commercials and game mix ;)

This channel is incredible...if anyone is on the fence about adding it, I wouldn't hesitate. It's the best $6 you can spend. They show games even if the teams are not in the Red Zone. It's a great way to watch football when your favorite team is in a commercial or after they're done playing.

This channel is incredible...if anyone is on the fence about adding it, I wouldn't hesitate. It's the best $6 you can spend. They show games even if the teams are not in the Red Zone. It's a great way to watch football when your favorite team is in a commercial or after they're done playing.

I agree 1,000%!!!!!! :up

I hated losing Sunday Ticket when we got rid of D* in favor of FiOS, but I got to see all the pertinent plays anyway!

As a Pats fan I could see ST being a must if I lived in another market, but this is just enough to whet my NFL appetite! :D

DirecTV offered a free preview of Sunday Ticket along with their version of the RedZone channel over the weekend. I absolutely LOVED the RedZone channel! I felt like I watched every game in the NFL in a few short hours! The highlights, the recaps, the day's "biggest hits", the commentary! WOW!

For those who have Comcast or Dish, I envy that you can get this channel for only $6/month. It would cost DirecTV subs $400 to get this channel. :(

Ya, the fights other subscribers are trying to start comparing the $6 to the $300 are absurd, but the RedZone channel part of SuperFan goes a long way to getting me my money's worth for ST. Nothing is better on a Sunday than watching my team in HD followed by 3-4 more hours of HD football on the DirecTV RedZone Channel.

I'll be honest, I dont have Sunday Ticket or anything but Comcast offers the channel and it is FANTASTIC!!! I mean you get to watch different games when your game is a blow out. Its a great channel. Its like the NCAA Tournament with the whip around coverage during the first 2 wks. of the Tourney. You know I just wish the channel was on 24/7 all the time.

I agree 1,000%!!!!!! :up

I hated losing Sunday Ticket when we got rid of D* in favor of FiOS, but I got to see all the pertinent plays anyway!

As a Pats fan I could see ST being a must if I lived in another market, but this is just enough to whet my NFL appetite! :D

Ditto. I was hesitant about adding the package myself but the Redzone channel alone makes it worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts