NFL Games Who Decides who gets what???

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
NFL TV Distribution Maps - CBS Week 12

Take a look at this map. It does not make any sense to me????
Why the hell does Chicago get stuck with Oakland @ Denver Game??? No one here even give a rats ass about that game. That game is gonna suck anyways. Why does everyone else around us (Rockford, Milwaukee, madison and Indy get the good game) Titans Jets and Chicago Dma People get the other game and we get screwed???

What moron's decide this????
Why cant everyone get both sunday afternoon cbs games, there is no substantial programming on cbs in the afternoon anyways, infomercials and crap to fill time.

If it is the nfL WHO DO WE COMPLAIN TO????

I don't know what to tell you. I think if you call your local CBS/FOX affiliate maybe you'll get some kind of answer. They won't change the game because of you but at least you'll get some type of explaination.

As far as not having both CBS games on, I fully agree. I don't see why we can't have double headers every week. I mean all your doing is adding one game. It shouldn't be for just week 17. We shouldn't have too be punished by having lousy games. I said it a couple of years ago. I remember there was a great Cinc./Indy. game that was on but because the Jets were in my local market, I wound up watching the Jets, who were lousy, btw, against the Panthers in a lousy game.

To get back to your point I dread when the locals are/were (Giants, Jets, Pats) bad because those are the games your stuck with.

Take a look at this map. It does not make any sense to me????
Why the hell does Chicago get stuck with Oakland @ Denver Game??? No one here even give a rats ass about that game. That game is gonna suck anyways. Why does everyone else around us (Rockford, Milwaukee, madison and Indy get the good game) Titans Jets and Chicago Dma People get the other game and we get screwed???
chill holmes....and there is a very simple theory...you may not like it but here it is...and its been this way for a while now

CBS has the singleheader this week so you only get one game
Chicago is on Fox at noon on the road. Chicago is the local team in your case
usually in this case CBS wont step on the Fox networks shoes and show a game opposite the "local" team.

If the Bears were at home, CBS CANT show a game opposite the local game so you would get the 4 PM game anyways

Hey...here in MN we get the same thing....The only time I have seen it happen (the singleheader showing opposite the Vikes) is if the Pack happen to be on at the same time. But if the Vikes are at home then no dice.

As to the other markets...Since GB is on MNF they get the early game. Indy is in same boat. Their team is on Nat'l TV
Rockford is outside the 75 mile area so they can show a game opposite Bears game. Here in MN Duluth & Mankato usually do the same thing

ICE
Thanks for the Explanantion, I still think it is stupid the way the Nfl sets this up. The Bears game is gonna suck and I'd rather watch the Jets play Tenessee which should be a great game!!! I just looked I will get the Jets game ouf of Milwaukee Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want Sunday Ticket , but It would cost me $400 bux to Switch to Directv, I need 2 HD DVrs, and 2 standard HD Receivers, as I have 4 hd sets now, (no I am not rich) I have 2 hd sets, My brother has one and my parents are now buying one on black friday.

ICE
Thanks for the Explanantion, I still think it is stupid the way the Nfl sets this up. The Bears game is gonna suck and I'd rather watch the Jets play Tenessee which should be a great game!!! I just looked I will get the Jets game ouf of Milwaukee Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

no problem...and sorry for being rough at the begining. I thought you knew the rules and just wanted to vent ;)

If CBS had the Doubleheader this week, you would have got both games since the Bears are on the road

simplified rules (for your area)

Bears at home-no game can be shown opposite it

Bears on road scenarios
-on Fox and CBS has DH...get both games on CBS
-on Fox and CBS has SH game...you'll get game in opposite timeslot on CBS

I just checked for the Vikes and on week 7 (oct 19) the Vikes were on the road against Chicago at noon. CBS had the DH. We got the Vikes on Fox at noon, San Diego/Buff at noon on CBS and Indy/GB at 3....last week we got 3 games too...Vikes on Fox at noon (on road) and both CBS games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)