NFL HD / NBA HD channels

SpringsGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
Colorado Springs
Hey guys,

I just have a question about the 3 HD channels that are in between the Voom Channels and the Dish HD channels.. I see NFL HD, NBA HD, and i believe EV1HD, but don't get any of them? I saw some old football game showing on the guide on NFL HD last night so don't understand why you would have to subscribe separetely to a channel that shows re-runs of football games in hd..

NFL HD you get if you have at least 120

NBA HD will show live games from NBA TV and last year even though they said you needed NBA TV SD, I got them with out it, so hopefully that stays...

Marty43 said:
1:30 pm Sat and NFL HD has a game of week on. unable to see it. Says special event not available for purchase, and I have AT120 and HD pkg. What does that mean?
It means NFL game of the week on wednesday and thursday(press the info button)

I have the AT180 package with all the movie channels and Hd channels so those should not be locked then? Meaning NBA-HD, and NFL-HD??? Does anyone else get these channels...???

NFL hd looks awsome... from what I remember of NBA hd it was good too.. Keep in mind that nba and NFL is not a 24hr thing as its only on when certin events are showing that is dictated by dish and NFL/NBA If you look on the guide for thurdsay during the upcoming NFL hd showing there also showing an hd ppv during the same time.. I wonder how thats gonna workout??

SpringsGuy said:
I have the AT180 package with all the movie channels and Hd channels so those should not be locked then? Meaning NBA-HD, and NFL-HD??? Does anyone else get these channels...???

I have AT-180 and HD Pack. Watched the game of the week on Wednesday night just fine. DO NOTE... you can only tune the channels when an actual program is running on them, which to my understanding is 8p-9p CDT on Wednesday and Thursday nights. Otherwise, You can't tune the channels at all, regardless of your package, because there is no programming on them.

The HDEV1 channel was used to show the HDNet Dallas Mavericks productions to the DFW market (and some other parts of Texas) during the NBA season. Only available to customers in certain zip codes within Texas.

In case this is clear as mud I will state is simply.

The NFL-HD channel only has programming on Wed and Thur nights. The rest of the time its not on the air. So now that they have "NFL Game of the Week Wed/Thur" in the EPG, it looks like a game is on when its not. It is just an info plug for wed/thur night next showings.

And for those who don't know. NFL-HD, NBA-HD, EV1, and HD-PPV all time share the same slot/TP/etc.. channel on the satellite. So when any one of these channels are on the air, the other 3 are off the air.

Baseball

Just in case anyone is wondering. I did noticed that the HD EVPPV channel aired a couple of baseball games in conjunction with the MLB season package.
the baseball game on that channel looked great as well. However I only noticed it once during the season.

I figured that since almost every major local fox sports affiliate is broadcasting in HD, they could've put more games on that HDPPV channel since the others were not being used. But, I'm just wishing for too much I guess.

I also had a boxing match show up on there when I ordered the PPV, it looked great.

It was a nice surprise to see that channel being used at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)