NFL HD Starting Mid August or Sept 2004?

Sean, I really appreciate you for being in this forum and helping out people! Keep up the Good Work!

yah ...

yah Sean I am relatively new here but I sure the info here and you do a good job. I called Voom tongiht and CSR told me "311" or NFL VOOM, as I also saw listed on there website as recently as yesterday, should be broadcasting by mid August..I was looking for old game of the week tongiht at 8 cst. Also told me with new MPEG 4 technology why will be announcing new channels by end of summer due to more bandwith available? Any idea what will be coming??? new HD?

ty

Well pre-season is going to kick off this Monday night, with the Broncos Vs. the Skins on ABC, after that we got a game on ESPN-HD... whats the deal going to be with NFL-Voom? Is it definately looking like September is the date when that channel will be activated?

Also, to the guy who's complaining about Sean, seriously go hump porcupines, that was seriously uncalled for.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
yah Sean I am relatively new here but I sure the info here and you do a good job. I called Voom tongiht and CSR told me "311" or NFL VOOM, as I also saw listed on there website as recently as yesterday, should be broadcasting by mid August..I was looking for old game of the week tongiht at 8 cst. Also told me with new MPEG 4 technology why will be announcing new channels by end of summer due to more bandwith available? Any idea what will be coming??? new HD?

ty

Thanks for that information. I hope it comes by mid August (keep fingers cross). I updated the title of the thread with this information (either mid august or September) and added a question Mark. I keep you posted about anything I hear.

From the VOOM August newsletter...

NFL kicks off 2004-2005 season in HD

This is the year, football fans! FOX and ESPN go HD, bringing you the most high definition football coverage ever. Preseason games begin Monday, August 9 when the Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins meet in Canton, Ohio for the Hall of Fame Game. HD football in August? Life is good. Here's what you can look forward to this season.

FOX

With the introduction of true 720p high definition, FOX Sports has taken their NFL coverage to the next level. The first game in HD will be the August 19 preseason battle between the N.Y. Giants and the Carolina Panthers. Then, beginning September 12, FOX will present up to 6 games a week in high definition, the most of any network. FOX will present all nationally televised games and the NFC playoffs in HD, leading up to high definition coverage of Super Bowl XXXIX!

ESPN HD

Beginning August 12 with the preseason contest between the Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens, ESPN HD will be offering their Sunday Night Football games in 720p high definition this season. Thanks to their new 120,000 square-foot digital facility, ESPN HD now offers SportsCenter in high definition. As the channel expands their coverage, you can expect more great HD programming from ESPN HD in the months to come.

NFL Network

For the first time ever, all 65 NFL preseason games are available nationally! NFL Network will televise the 54 games that are not being shown nationally, either live or on tape delay. For their standard definition coverage, NFL Network has access to local announcer feeds, so sometimes you'll get to hear one team's announcers for the first half, and the other team's announcers for the second half.

CBS

After last year's successful HD broadcast of the Super Bowl, CBS is back with more great high definition football. In addition to select regular season games, all of the AFC Playoffs will be shown in 1080i HD resolution.

ABC

ABC returns to the HDTV playing field with 720p broadcasts of Monday Night Football, beginning with the August 9 Hall of Fame Game in high definition

Hope it's not redundant - I did not read the whole thread. ;)

Eddie

Sean Mota said:
Thanks for that information. I hope it comes by mid August (keep fingers cross). I updated the title of the thread with this information (either mid august or September) and added a question Mark. I keep you posted about anything I hear.

Sorry Sean but I was told tonight when discussing a billing issue that it will be late August :no :eek: :mad:

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Sorry Sean but I was told tonight when discussing a billing issue that it will be late August :no :eek: :mad:

It is really irrelevant to this point to quote csr's; they all make their own theories and statements as they go... I will believe it when it appears.

Sean Mota said:
He was talking about a previous post posted by someone who deleted the message calling me a Jerk for posting this information.

Mr. Mota. I read what he said and I 'm going to have to agree with some of what he said. I have been a guest for a while. I'd like to see some threads without all the bs and fluff. Too much to sort through and the majority bs anyway. In other words tone it down a bit!

1080i said:
Mr. Mota. I read what he said and I 'm going to have to agree with some of what he said. I have been a guest for a while. I'd like to see some threads without all the bs and fluff. Too much to sort through and the majority bs anyway. In other words tone it down a bit!

1080i,

welcome. Then accordingly, we might as well close down the forum and go back to our TVs and sit down and wait until things show up. Am I reading this wrong or what? I posted something that VOOM customer service sent to me as an email. I never said that this was going to be coming true. This is what was posted by VOOM customer service. If you guys think this wrong then you are mistaken. I rather do that than posting an outrageous claim which I did not. Sorry 1080i but I disagree with you completly go and read the thread from the beginning and tell me if I posted anything beside the information I got from VOOM and therefore I should be called jerk. That's not the way we do things around here. That's just plain wrong in my book.

I have seen plenty of other things that have been wrong before here and in other boards and never that gives me the right to call anyone a jerk for posting something that was given by nonless the company itself. If that is the rationale, there are a lot of jerks around here and that again is completely wrong.

Sean Mota said:
1080i,

welcome. Then accordingly, we might as well close down the forum and go back to our TVs and sit down and wait until things show up. Am I reading this wrong or what? I posted something that VOOM customer service sent to me as an email. I never said that this was going to be coming true. This is what was posted by VOOM customer service. If you guys think this wrong then you are mistaken. I rather do that than posting an outrageous claim which I did not. Sorry 1080i but I disagree with you completly go and read the thread from the beginning and tell me if I posted anything beside the information I got from VOOM and therefore I should be called jerk. That's not the way we do things around here. That's just plain wrong in my book.

I have seen plenty of other things that have been wrong before here and in other boards and never that gives me the right to call anyone a jerk for posting something that was given by nonless the company itself. If that is the rationale, there are a lot of jerks around here and that again is completely wrong.
Taking it on the chin from the "2nd generation" of forum subs, huh Sean??-Don't sweat it-keep on truckin' and remember that this o.g.(original sub) appreciates all that you do and supports your actions 1000 % :p

Yeah.... :D but I am still happy... and will not tone it down... :) until the day the internet goes down... :cool: :D I'm not going down like Tyson. :p

Sean, I missed the message you deleted...

1080i said:
But my guess is this guy is the "imaginary friend" of the poster of the deleted message. Look at his join date.

Either way he's way out of line. Keep up the good work.

For someone who claims he has nothing to defend you sure are defensive. Mr. Mota, you are now doing what he said you were doing. The VOOM forum reads like some teenage AOL chat room given the statements. Scott announced his buzz but made it very clear it could be simply buzz. Now go back and read your posts. And then Tyson vs. Williams bandwidth. Nothing but selfish bs. That same guy had some selfless words.

1080i said:
For someone who claims he has nothing to defend you sure are defensive. Mr. Mota, you are now doing what he said you were doing. The VOOM forum reads like some teenage AOL chat room given the statements. Scott announced his buzz but made it very clear it could be simply buzz. Now go back and read your posts. And then Tyson vs. Williams bandwidth. Nothing but selfish bs. That same guy had some selfless words.

You sure know it all Mr. 1080i.... :D Move on....

FunkyBoss said:
Weak, no HD preseason games on NFL Network.

That's what NFL VOOM is for.

1080i reading your posts I picture Sean Astin talking to Elijah Wood "Mr. Mota! Strawberries and creaM!!"

Sometime when info gets posted, hopes can run high.

And then if Voom doesn't deliver, people get pissed at Voom.

I know about as much of NFL Voom as I did before I read the thread.

I don't know when it's coming, I don't know what they are going to show and when they are going to show it.

Is there even and NFL Voom??

DrWho said:
I know about as much of NFL Voom as I did before I read the thread.

I don't know when it's coming, I don't know what they are going to show and when they are going to show it.

Is there even and NFL Voom??
This post answered all those questions for me.

When is it coming?
1st Game (Chicago/St Louis) is being aired Aug 13th at 1pm

What they are going to show?
NFL pre-season games NOT shown on Network TV (unfortunately it looks like they are in SD, not HD)

When are they going to show it?
It looks like most of these games are not being shown live unless (live) is indicated. Times listed in the post are when the NFL Network (VOOM channel 312) will show these games that were taped.

This is my understanding ... I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)