NFL kicks off 2004-2005 season in HD

Harry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Las Cruces, NM
Got this in a VOOM newsletter. Good news for us HD folk.... :p

NFL kicks off 2004-2005 season in HD

This is the year, football fans! FOX and ESPN go HD, bringing you the most high definition football coverage ever. Preseason games begin Monday, August 9 when the Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins meet in Canton, Ohio for the Hall of Fame Game. HD football in August? Life is good. Here's what you can look forward to this season.

FOX

With the introduction of true 720p high definition, FOX Sports has taken their NFL coverage to the next level. The first game in HD will be the August 19 preseason battle between the N.Y. Giants and the Carolina Panthers. Then, beginning September 12, FOX will present up to 6 games a week in high definition, the most of any network. FOX will present all nationally televised games and the NFC playoffs in HD, leading up to high definition coverage of Super Bowl XXXIX!

ESPN HD

Beginning August 12 with the preseason contest between the Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens, ESPN HD will be offering their Sunday Night Football games in 720p high definition this season. Thanks to their new 120,000 square-foot digital facility, ESPN HD now offers SportsCenter in high definition. As the channel expands their coverage, you can expect more great HD programming from ESPN HD in the months to come.

NFL Network

For the first time ever, all 65 NFL preseason games are available nationally! NFL Network will televise the 54 games that are not being shown nationally, either live or on tape delay. For their standard definition coverage, NFL Network has access to local announcer feeds, so sometimes you'll get to hear one team's announcers for the first half, and the other team's announcers for the second half.

CBS

After last year's successful HD broadcast of the Super Bowl, CBS is back with more great high definition football. In addition to select regular season games, all of the AFC Playoffs will be shown in 1080i HD resolution.

ABC

ABC returns to the HDTV playing field with 720p broadcasts of Monday Night Football, beginning with the August 9 Hall of Fame Game in high definition.

well I guess it could benefit us Dish folks, if we have an 811 we should get the ESPNHD games and if you plug in an OTA and your locals do HD you should get the Fox, CBS and ABC games.... only thing we'd be missing is the NFL Network (must not be compelling enough).

bpasker8 said:
well I guess it could benefit us Dish folks, if we have an 811 we should get the ESPNHD games and if you plug in an OTA and your locals do HD you should get the Fox, CBS and ABC games.... only thing we'd be missing is the NFL Network (must not be compelling enough).

and to add NFL Network is a SD channel I've been watching it over D*
So E* Customers are only missing out on NFL Network which I hope WE get soon! it is a great channel not at all like ESPN classic as Charlie Claimed ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)