NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

Sheesh another stupid dispute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, they've got a couple weeks to get this figured out and then people are going to jump when the threat of losing preseason games looms, then everyone able to leave will do so if it becomes the loss of regular season games. Dish then also loses all of their 'watch NFL games' counter-marketing.

First dispute in the 13 year history of the network.

No..they fought with Comcast and time Warner..I seem to remember an earlier dispute with dish

My son was all pissed off because Time Warner doesn't carry the NFL Network, until I told him that Verizon Wireless furnishes NFL Mobile and he can watch the games through his phone for free. He's happy again.

Time Warner has carried NFL Network and RedZone since 2012. On the national channel line up, NFL Network is channel 310 and NFL Red Zone is channel 311.

The cost is reported by Forbes as $1.40 per subscriber for the NFL network and I see in a couple of other places. I can't tell if that includes the Red Zone.

I bet the problem lies in the double coverage of games and DISH either rightly or wrongly feels they are being charged twice for them. Given the circumstances of other sports networks in the past DISH is very possibly paying twice. Given the disputes by Networks maybe it's a good insurance policy even if paying twice..... :)

Reactions: osu1991
Not that funny!...Preseason starts in a little over a month....
OMG! The Preseason!!! The season is barely worth watching. The NFL's regular season is an over-glorified round robin.
Lots of kneepad wearing apologists on this board
How graphic. So, how often to do you imagine about this sort of thing?

If the dispute isn't over soon I'm as good as gone and that is not an idle threat.
Regular season starts a long time from now. Relax! It isn't like we don't have ESPN to fall back on for Football commentary.

I've been paying dish 132 to 146 a month depending on the season when I don't have too.
( Att employee discount on dtv is 10-12$ a month Total for ultimate +.4 rec. )
This One (dispute) is it.
EQ dominance or not.
Time to go.
This dispute hasn't harmed you at all yet. Wait until the regular season to jump ship. Otherwise, you were jumping anyway.

QUOTE="Yespage, post: 3908783, member: 151876"]

This dispute hasn't harmed you at all yet. Wait until the regular season to jump ship. Otherwise, you were jumping anyway.[/QUOTE]

Done deal..
Probably going to suspend or welcome pack till dvr is emptied.
I figured I can cut my cost in half plus some and have premier.
The only nail is the OTA and dealing with the hr54.
Plus Playing with 4k might be fun. I've had the set since black Friday and seen nothing live yet

You are talking about 8 games a year that are exclusive to NFL Channel. And I have to pay $1.50 every month for a channel I don't ever watch?

Preposterous! Hang tough, Charlie, we are all behind you.

OMG! The Preseason!!! The season is barely worth watching. The NFL's regular season is an over-glorified round robin.
How graphic. So, how often to do you imagine about this sort of thing?

Regular season starts a long time from now. Relax! It isn't like we don't have ESPN to fall back on for Football commentary.

This dispute hasn't harmed you at all yet. Wait until the regular season to jump ship. Otherwise, you were jumping anyway.

Speak for yourself. NFLN's 24/7 replays of the preseason games makes for great binge watching and is one of my favorite features of the channel. If this isn't back on by preseason,, I'm done with Dish. Unacceptable

Dish us trying to keep costs down, the sports industry are the ones driving up costs, and the reasoning is look at athletes making 20+ million a year to play a game. Customers are the ones who pay for it through huge tv deals, as in bigger cable bills. Same goes for movie industry, look at how much actors get paid, again we pay for it. So dish is just doing there best to keep price hikes in check.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Speak for yourself. NFLN's 24/7 replays of the preseason games makes for great binge watching and is one of my favorite features of the channel. If this isn't back on by preseason,, I'm done with Dish. Unacceptable

You can't please everyone and it would be smart for Dish to let the hard core sports fans go to DirecTV and let Dish cater to the customers who want lower bills and get more than enough NFL from the networks and other sports channels like ESPN and Fox Sports.

Dish wants to keep the NFL Channel, but only if it is in an optional sports package.

Reactions: pattykay
nfl network will never be in a sports package thus dish won't carry it. NFL wants it in the basic cable package like espn and nbc sports network.

A dispute like this puzzles me. I love football, collage and pro.Football is made for T.V. However not the owners. But the NFL as a busness is classified as a non profit. So. Why do they need to hold out? If it's to pay people like Warren Sap or Ray Lewis cut the cord. Ones a loser. The other is a thug and a murderer. No not taking about Darren Sharper. I read somewhere that part of the dispute is about starting the contract in the fall so when it is up again the NFL will have more leverage. We shall see. HBO had a show called "Playmakers" That was canceled because the NFL threw a fit because it was not a good representation of the NFL. lol. It was too real!! Hopefully we can see the entertainers soon. Some of the stuff the players do, you just can't make up!!

Reactions: Jw2016
A dispute like this puzzles me. I love football, collage and pro.Football is made for T.V. However not the owners. But the NFL as a busness is classified as a non profit. So. Why do they need to hold out? If it's to pay people like Warren Sap or Ray Lewis cut the cord. Ones a loser. The other is a thug and a murderer. No not taking about Darren Sharper. I read somewhere that part of the dispute is about starting the contract in the fall so when it is up again the NFL will have more leverage. We shall see. HBO had a show called "Playmakers" That was canceled because the NFL threw a fit because it was not a good representation of the NFL. lol. It was too real!! Hopefully we can see the entertainers soon. Some of the stuff the players do, you just can't make up!!

You are all over the place, Playmakers wasn't on HBO (and was hardly plausible), Ray Lewis has never worked for NFLN and Warren Sap hasn't for months. The NFL is no longer a non-profit. Young men made instant millionaires, imagine that they do some crazy stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)