NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

Yea with channels we get already like losing WGN America for TNT which we already get. If anything add a channel that we don't have already don't mirror it on a lost channel.
He means by calling and asking for credits or some other perk.

They aren't ridiculous. The loss of NY RSN's would certainly hurt NY subs, but most people aren't NY subs. Most of the disputes are short and amount to very little, and Dish has been generous with comping people that lost channels, even just very temporarily. People received free Rokus with the temporary AMC drop.

If Dish dropped NBCSN, I'd have to drop Dish. I'd understand their position, but it is one of the biggest reasons I pay for Sat in the first place. I just don't take these things as personally as some seem to, as if Ergen went to their house to kick their dog.

In my opinion, yes they are ridiculous. They have more disputes than any of the providers. I'm paying a lot of money, and don't want a Roku, or some other device to deal with. I just want to turn on T.V., have it work, and get the channels that I signed up for. I believe this is why I am paying a premium price, and haven't "cut the cord". The average person doesn't want to be bothered hooking up Roku's and antenna's.
A lot of people in NY enjoy their sports teams the same way you enjoy NBCSN. Now people in NY can't even enjoy the games on WPIX , because guess what, there is a dispute. Give it time, I'm sure you'll loose the channel that you like eventually, and maybe you'll feel differently.

I lost AMC and NBC, both of which I like, but I have so many other channels and only so much money, so the disputes are fine by me.

I called to cancel DISH yesterday and DISH Rep inquired as to why and that I've been with them two times both longterm. I explained and then he offered me 1 year of Sports Pack (Pac 12 Network) and Movie Channels (no HBO) free for one year with no commitment. I give them until August, but can't push DTV install out too much further.

In my opinion, yes they are ridiculous. They have more disputes than any of the providers.
Each provider has had a good deal of disputes. Doesn't someone not even show Viacom channels anymore?
I'm paying a lot of money, and don't want a Roku, or some other device to deal with. I just want to turn on T.V., have it work, and get the channels that I signed up for. I believe this is why I am paying a premium price, and haven't "cut the cord". The average person doesn't want to be bothered hooking up Roku's and antenna's.
Roku is extremely popular.
A lot of people in NY enjoy their sports teams the same way you enjoy NBCSN. Now people in NY can't even enjoy the games on WPIX , because guess what, there is a dispute. Give it time, I'm sure you'll loose the channel that you like eventually, and maybe you'll feel differently.
If someone likes local sports in NY, Dish isn't the service to use. Complaining about it now is silly. It has been that way for years.

Reactions: Tampa8
Would it make you feel better if I said all regular packages?
No, it would make me feel better if NFL Network was actually included in Welcome Pack for the eight exclusive games, since the rest of their games are already included on CBS and NBC. They could drop NFL Network the rest of the year and I wouldn't complain. Here's another idea: how about adding NFL Network to Multi Sport, and allowing Welcome Pack subscribers to add Multi Sport? If any league has enough clout to make that happen, the NFL should.

I understand Dish's terms regarding being able to cancel programs and give customers the finger in the process. But I was offered 12 months of redzone as a sign on perk, why can't I use this as fuel to terminate my contract lol.

No, it would make me feel better if NFL Network was actually included in Welcome Pack for the eight exclusive games, since the rest of their games are already included on CBS and NBC. They could drop NFL Network the rest of the year and I wouldn't complain. Here's another idea: how about adding NFL Network to Multi Sport, and allowing Welcome Pack subscribers to add Multi Sport? If any league has enough clout to make that happen, the NFL should.
That's just it, the NFL doesn't want the NFL channel in the Multi-sport pack. They want every sub to have it so that they can get paid more. They are enjoying getting paid for Dish subs even if the Dish subs could care less about sports...

Reactions: ChadT41
That's just it, the NFL doesn't want the NFL channel in the Multi-sport pack. They want every sub to have it so that they can get paid more. They are enjoying getting paid for Dish subs even if the Dish subs could care less about sports...
And that makes them different than any other network?
I can think of about 30 channels I don't give a crap about that I pay for and don't watch that cost far more than $1.40 per subscriber.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: pattykay
Each provider has had a good deal of disputes. Doesn't someone not even show Viacom channels anymore?
Roku is extremely popular.
If someone likes local sports in NY, Dish isn't the service to use. Complaining about it now is silly. It has been that way for years.

I bet all the main providers combined don't equal the amount of disputes that Dish has. When the others have a dispute, it usually doesn't take months to settle. It's usually done within a week.

Roku may be popular, but it's not what people signed up for. The few on here know how to use Roku's and OTA's, but the majority of people don't want to deal with stuff like that.

You act like NY is some small market. It's one of the largest, with a rabid fan base for their sports teams. I'm not complaining about loosing them. I know that would be silly to do now. Like I said, I left years ago because of Dish's practices.

You sound like a big fan of Dish, and like I said, if it works for you great. When you loose that channel that you like, you may whistle a different tune.

Reactions: Troch77
You act like NY is some small market. It's one of the largest, with a rabid fan base for their sports teams. I'm not complaining about loosing them. I know that would be silly to do now. Like I said, I left years ago because of Dish's practices.

You sound like a big fan of Dish, and like I said, if it works for you great. When you loose that channel that you like, you may whistle a different tune.
Yep.....Im from Chicago originally, big market!...But nothing is bigger than New York!!!!....The whole east coast has more population in like 300 miles radius than the rest of the country minus California.....

I bet all the main providers combined don't equal the amount of disputes that Dish has.
Isn't there some provider that doesn't have Viacom at all?
I'm a fan of the truth. I had Directv for several years before switching to Dish. Directv was great except for occassional DVR hiccups. I have Dish because it is by far the cheapest option to get the channels I want with the equipment I'd like to have. Dish is no where near as unstable as people like you insist.

If Dish and Comcast parted ways, I'd drop Dish and stop getting anything, and I wouldn't take it personally.

Isn't there some provider that doesn't have Viacom at all?

Suddenlink and Cable One are two of them

http://www.wsj.com/articles/dropping-viacom-costs-suddenlink-few-video-subscribers-1424754064

Dropping Viacom Costs Suddenlink Few Subscribers

When more than 60 small cable operators dropped Viacom Inc.’s channels last year, investors were left with a lingering question: How much would it hurt them to do without the media giant’s networks such as Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and MTV?

Suddenlink Communications thinks its fourth-quarter results contain the answer: not much.

I don't think losing NFL Network is a big deal to Dish, they will of course lose some customers, but most average viewers won't care enough about the matchups in those 8 games to switch providers. The channel shaving by providers is going to have to start somewhere. Personally I thought it should have started with Viacom's numerous filler channels.

Reactions: Tampa8 and Yespage
I hope this is just a negotiating tactic... It doesn't hurt yet until the preseason games start in August. I am locked in due to the Hopper3 I got, but I can still downgrade to the minimum package and get Verizon Fios TV until my commitment runs out. The NFL is critical to me. Losing the RedZone channel is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me, after losing SNY 3 years ago (NYC DMA), and WPIX and WGN as well.

...I am locked in due to the Hopper3 I got, but I can still downgrade to the minimum package...

What is the cheapest one could keep an H3 for? I'm in the same boat and was considering the ETF in August if it came to that but this may be a better option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But that is precisely my point. NFL Network was not available to every Dish subscriber. So, if NFL Network really cares about having as many subscribers as possible, they should make their channel available in the lowest level of Dish service, or an add-on that any Dish subscriber can add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts