NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

Oh, okay. I didn't realize you couldn't record all the games.
I'm sure you could, Don't know why you would.

I wouldn't waste DVR space on 12 plus games at 3 hours a clip for teams that I don't like.
While holding 6 tuners hostage for absolutely no reason.

Just saying, also not everyone has a DVR that subscribes to Sunday Ticket.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Sunday Ticket the only reason I can think of having is FF or for those living outside of market of favorite team. You only get 2 time blocks for watching games. Block 1 most watch favorite team if they don't suck. Block 2 you have a choice of game of interest or RedZone option with ST Max (expensive) or Redzone add on like Dish offered (cheap) with no commercials for live scoring & player evaluation.

I can't believe that people actually want to watch rebrodacsted games. Sure, when the Red Sox won the '04 World Series, I liked to watch the Series clinching game, but not every week's regular season games.
Well, if there are 2 games on at the same time I want to watch, I can record both and watch both of them back to back skipping out commercials and downtime in less time than it would take to watch one game live. So there's a use for not watching live.

I think RZ is seriously one of the greatest things to happen in the history of television. For me, it's way better than watching full games, even of my favorite team. So much down time and non-action time where nothing happens is just gone. I love it.

I think RZ is seriously one of the greatest things to happen in the history of television. For me, it's way better than watching full games, even of my favorite team. So much down time and non-action time where nothing happens is just gone. I love it.
I prefer the DVR. I can watch an entire game of just my favorite team in about an hour.

Reactions: osu1991 and budda
Have had DISH for 15 years, but will be gone in 30 days if it is not back. One of the only channels I watch is NFL network, do not watch as much ESPN last 5 years. Too much sizzle, not enough steak since ABC/Disney got involved and it turned more entertainment than sports.

Is the other guys running any specials for disgruntled Dish customers? I know Dish gave me a little something when I called to complain about NFL network being offline, but it wasn't much. They might lose more than they think if they want to play chicken until Labor Day.

Reactions: bgee
While holding 6 tuners hostage for absolutely no reason.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Currently, outside of those subscribers with three or more HR21/22/24's or a Genie plus a HR or multiple HR's, which the majority of customers do not have, there is no way to tie up 6 tuners.
Of course the same could be said of Dish until the Hopper 3.

Have had DISH for 15 years, but will be gone in 30 days if it is not back. One of the only channels I watch is NFL network, do not watch as much ESPN last 5 years. Too much sizzle, not enough steak since ABC/Disney got involved and it turned more entertainment than sports.

Is the other guys running any specials for disgruntled Dish customers? I know Dish gave me a little something when I called to complain about NFL network being offline, but it wasn't much. They might lose more than they think if they want to play chicken until Labor Day.

As much as I prefer the Dish Redzone over Direct version I'll be leaving Dish on July 25th. I called couple weeks ago and let them know it was my last day if not resolved.
I'll have ETF of $180 but its still huge savings having both services activated as I do. The only reason I have both is Direct doesn't provide local networks on my timezone but after 1 1/2 years of Sioux Falls locals with weather warnings scrolling across the TV all night long and beeping every few minutes I can't watch the Sioux Falls locals anyway. My complaints to TV stations about running weather warning banners all night have fallen on deaf ears so LA locals are welcome even if 2 hours later in the evening.

Well, if there are 2 games on at the same time I want to watch, I can record both and watch both of them back to back skipping out commercials and downtime in less time than it would take to watch one game live. So there's a use for not watching live.

You mean to tell me that the Genie doesn't have picture in picture? That's what I do when two teams are playing. Perfect when the Red Sox and Bruins are playing at the same time.

You mean to tell me that the Genie doesn't have picture in picture? That's what I do when two teams are playing. Perfect when the Red Sox and Bruins are playing at the same time.

Yes, the Genie does have PiP. You can place in a corner or side by side. You can also use Double Play to keep two live streams buffered and bounce back and forth.

My dish subscription is gone. In part because of this NFL network dispute. I got tired of channel disputes. So I pulled the plug. Using Sony Vue for my live TV and I'll subscribe to NFL gamepass for my football. Yes, I won't be able to watch live games, but I very rarely watch a live game anymore. Usually record them and watch later to skip all the commercials. My Vue is 30 dollars a month and gamepass will cost 99 a year. A lot cheaper than my 105 a month Dish bill.

Reactions: dare2be
My dish subscription is gone. In part because of this NFL network dispute. I got tired of channel disputes. So I pulled the plug. Using Sony Vue for my live TV and I'll subscribe to NFL gamepass for my football. Yes, I won't be able to watch live games, but I very rarely watch a live game anymore. Usually record them and watch later to skip all the commercials. My Vue is 30 dollars a month and gamepass will cost 99 a year. A lot cheaper than my 105 a month Dish bill.
If you can do it much cheaper, you should do it much cheaper.

Reactions: dare2be
How soon is an NFL game available for viewing with Game Pass? Next day?

I had this once when it was much cheaper ($25 instead of $99). I think the rules then were that Sunday games were available that evening and Monday night games the following Wednesday.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/er...nds&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Dish is facing two simultaneous impasses, with the NFL Network also off the satellite service amid a carriage dispute. Ergen said that negotiation is much closer to fruition, with the two sides haggling over more "positive, bigger picture issues."

This link was posted in the Tribune dispute but fits in this thread as well as it mentions the NFL Network. So it looks like the NFL Network isn't about price, but rather something else. I wonder what the bigger picture issues are? Only thing I can think of is that Dish wants to have NFL Network on Sling? But that sounds positive and that NFL Network would be back in time for the NFL Season.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/er...nds&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Dish is facing two simultaneous impasses, with the NFL Network also off the satellite service amid a carriage dispute. Ergen said that negotiation is much closer to fruition, with the two sides haggling over more "positive, bigger picture issues."

This link was posted in the Tribune dispute but fits in this thread as well as it mentions the NFL Network. So it looks like the NFL Network isn't about price, but rather something else. I wonder what the bigger picture issues are? Only thing I can think of is that Dish wants to have NFL Network on Sling? But that sounds positive and that NFL Network would be back in time for the NFL Season.

I think the article supports what some of us were reading in the tea leaves. There was no urgency in the negotiations. If they are working on something bigger who knows what they are talking about and how intricate it is. It does sound like they both feel they will come to an agreement. Just thinking out loud - what if one thing is if DISH can get the NFL network on Sling and have all their games including the ones they also share on Broadcast TV?

Reactions: radiator65

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)