NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

Didn't you always need the Top200 to get NFL Network? I thought that happened years ago when NFL Network simulcast a late season game on a local channel because it involved a team that was playing for an undefeated season.

It was just 120+. I would go from smart pack to 120+ during football season for RZ.

WOW! what a slap in the face needing top 200 subscription now. Dish really went to bat for all the loyal customers good thing they played hardball. LMAO

I don't remember NFL Network being in the Top 120+ last year. Maybe someone has a saved chart that shows that?

Last edited:
I don't remember NFL Network being in the Top 120+ last year. Maybe someone has a saved chart that shows that? Maybe they did play hardball and agreed to a higher cost per subscriber but not as many subscribers. Perhaps the bulk of those with the Top 120+ didn't watch the NFL channel.

I think we are talking about 2 different things NFL network standalone and RZ. RZ was only available with Multi-sport which required 120+. I thought I read 200 was now needed but after looking myself nothing has changed from last year. You can still get NFL network and RZ bundled with 120+.

I don't remember NFL Network being in the Top 120+ last year. Maybe someone has a saved chart that shows that? Maybe they did play hardball and agreed to a higher cost per subscriber but not as many subscribers. Perhaps the bulk of those with the Top 120+ didn't watch the NFL channel.
It definitely has changed packages now. Here's a screen shot of the 2015 package channel list.

full
img_20160803_112735.485

I'm not saying I am absolutely correct, :) But that chart is not correct for last year it looks like older. Speed at Channel 150? Tennis and Science only in Top 250? My only remark was I didn't think NFL was in the top 120+ last year. I still could be wrong but that chart does represent last year and that's just the small section I can see.

EDIT - I see Dare2be picked up on it.

Excellent news! Dangerously close to start of preseason and NFL Net showing 24/7 preseason games makes great binge watching. Would not have been a happy camper missing that especially since my local FOX is caught up in the Tribune mess

Reactions: Tampa8
AT100 was renamed to AT120 back in Feb 2010, so that screenshot is DEFINITELY not from 2015.

Then there's Scott's post from Feb 2008 saying that NFL Network was leaving AT100, so that screenshot is from before 2008.

Reactions: Tampa8
Excellent news! Dangerously close to start of preseason and NFL Net showing 24/7 preseason games makes great binge watching. Would not have been a happy camper missing that especially since my local FOX is caught up in the Tribune mess

It does take some of the sting out of not having a Tribune station that carries your team. And just to make it sweeter the Mutli Sports pack is 1/2 price for six months so Red Zone is very affordable along with getting other sports.

So, given all the evidence so far, there is no evidence that NFL Network was ever in AT120 or AT120+.

I have some saved channel lists at home, I could check them out.
But I only had Top120 for like 10 minutes.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

So they moved NFL Network to upper packages 200+ for sure. RZ you still needed multi-sport which required minimum 120+. Looks like nothing changed with RZ but NFL Network moving into higher tier must of been against NFL networks wants. ( The big change Charlie was wanting) The larger audience always comes with lower package so looks like Charlie won at the expense of drawing subs into higher tier if they want NFL Network or purchase multi-sport. I'm sure he appreciates everyone's support while playing hardball.

So they moved NFL Network to upper packages 200+ for sure. RZ you still needed multi-sport which required minimum 120+. Looks like nothing changed with RZ but NFL Network moving into higher tier must of been against NFL networks wants. ( The big change Charlie was wanting) The larger audience always comes with lower package so looks like Charlie won at the expense of drawing subs into higher tier if they want NFL Network or purchase multi-sport. I'm sure he appreciates everyone's support while playing hardball.

No........ The evidence so far suggests it was not in the Top 120+ it was Top 200 or above or Multi Sports.

the only package it is still in below the Top200 is Dish America Silver and Gold which you must be grandfathered into because it's no longer available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts