NFL Network?

torp74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
South Texas
Guys as training camp is about to start up I'd like to get NFL Network. I have the Top100 package with a 622. I used to have NFL Network, but sometime during the winter dish yanked it. What do I need to do to get it back?

Thanks,

torp

Top 200 package, which I believe would cost you another $10/month.

Right now, it is boring as crap. I'd wait until the last minute to upgrade.

Yeah, you now need the Top 200 for NFL Network. It's still a better deal than Comcast though. Comcast sucks.

It's just wrong to have it in the top100 package last year, and then jank it away this year.

It was also wrong of the NFL to release last year's final Pat-Giants game to all those broadcast affiliates in the northeast, breaking their contract with Dish. That's why they reverted to the old agreement, with NFL in AT200. I'm against many Dish decisions, but I support this one.

It was also wrong of the NFL to release last year's final Pat-Giants game to all those broadcast affiliates in the northeast, breaking their contract with Dish. That's why they reverted to the old agreement, with NFL in AT200. I'm against many Dish decisions, but I support this one.

I can't agree more. Plus they are doing again this year. Sunday's Bills-Colts game on the NFL Network is now, all of sudden being advertised, thanks to Time Warner; that it will be available on a local buffalo channel, which Time Warner happens to carry. If it wasn't included in the HD Package, I would dump the NFL Network in moment.:mad:

I can't agree more. Plus they are doing again this year. Sunday's Bills-Colts game on the NFL Network is now, all of sudden being advertised, thanks to Time Warner; that it will be available on a local buffalo channel, which Time Warner happens to carry. If it wasn't included in the HD Package, I would dump the NFL Network in moment.:mad:

The airing the Pats-Giants in the northeast wasn't the issue. It was airing it for the entire country. The NFL Network always made the local game available to the local market of the team. So having the Bills-Colts game available on a local Buffalo channel isn't the issue.

How about another issue with them. They still don't have their highlight shows in HD. When I decide if I want to watch highlights of the season from the NFL Network or ESPN I'll still choose ESPN because of the HD feeds. It's nice to specialize but when you're specialization isn't better than competition, then it gets ridiculous.

The airing the Pats-Giants in the northeast wasn't the issue. It was airing it for the entire country. The NFL Network always made the local game available to the local market of the team. So having the Bills-Colts game available on a local Buffalo channel isn't the issue.

Partially true. The games are only supposed to be provided to a broadcaster for each team in the DMA where the teams play their home games. For example, a Cleveland station will carry the couple games the Browns have on NFL Network, but Toledo DMA Browns fans that typically pick up the CBS or Fox feed in their DMA would have to have NFL Network. NFL Network opened the Pats-Giants game up to any DMA that wanted to carry it (but I think only in the northeast). This allowed a lot more people to be able to watch it without having to sign up for a new carrier. Dish agreed to lower the pack to AT100 on the promise NFL would have exclusive access to a certain number of games, aside from 1 local station for each team, propting cable subs without NFL Net to move to sat. The NFL broke that promise.

How about another issue with them. They still don't have their highlight shows in HD. When I decide if I want to watch highlights of the season from the NFL Network or ESPN I'll still choose ESPN because of the HD feeds. It's nice to specialize but when you're specialization isn't better than competition, then it gets ridiculous.

I just find it ironic, that Time Warner, who refuses to carry the NFL Network, is now running advertisements on the buffalo radio stations, that they are sponsoring and bringing the Buffalo Area the game.

Partially true. The games are only supposed to be provided to a broadcaster for each team in the DMA where the teams play their home games. For example, a Cleveland station will carry the couple games the Browns have on NFL Network, but Toledo DMA Browns fans that typically pick up the CBS or Fox feed in their DMA would have to have NFL Network. NFL Network opened the Pats-Giants game up to any DMA that wanted to carry it (but I think only in the northeast). This allowed a lot more people to be able to watch it without having to sign up for a new carrier. Dish agreed to lower the pack to AT100 on the promise NFL would have exclusive access to a certain number of games, aside from 1 local station for each team, propting cable subs without NFL Net to move to sat. The NFL broke that promise.
I'm in the midwest (Missouri), one of the local stations here picked up the Giants-Pats game. In fact, I think 2 of them did, NBC and CBS. As for overlapping DMAs like the Toledgo/Cleveland, to me that's is still being able to carry it in the local area.

I'm in the midwest (Missouri), one of the local stations here picked up the Giants-Pats game. In fact, I think 2 of them did, NBC and CBS. As for overlapping DMAs like the Toledgo/Cleveland, to me that's is still being able to carry it in the local area.

So it was nationwide; even worse. However, the agreement was 1 net in 1 DMA each for the teams playing. In my example, Toledo fans will not get the game without NFL Network (whereas they do with a regular CBS broadcast). Toledo and Cleveland DMAs do not overlap.

So Charlie decides to screw the customers in order to get back at the NFL.

Great.

It's unfortunate were caught in the middle, but yes. NFL Network is not a cheap network. Dish lowered it to get subs. That won't work if NFL network gives out their "exclusive" games to however wants them.

If Dish doesn't enforce their agreements, they give license to all their other providers to screw Dish.