nfl network?

fiorine

Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
When is dish network going to add nfl network. I had directv and enjoyed nfl network, but I changed to dish network. I wish I could trade in the 2 soccer channels I have with dish network for 1 nfl network. If you are a football fan, this is the most awesome channel to have. I don't see dish network making any efforts that add any new channels. I've watched the charlie chats, all they seem to care about is adding new international channels, adding new ppv events...anything that will put extra money in their pocket.

DirecTV recently purchased a 5 year extension for exclusive DBS rights to NFL: Sunday Ticket. This extends their contract through the 2010 season.

The NFL decided to award the contract to only one DBS provider. Therefore Dish is forbidden to carry it through 2010. There is nothing Charlie can do about it until then.

At this point in time, there is no reason to think Dish will ever have NFL:ST. If you want it, then subscribe to DirecTV. Then pay them an additional $219 ($318 for High Def) over your standard bill to watch it.

My bad.

Dish could probably carry NFL network. Hard to believe they could fill a 24x7 channel with just news about the NFL. I assume that the NFL contract with DirecTV would not prevent Dish from showing the preseason games that air on NFL Network.

I haven't heard any rumors about this one coming to Dish.

But we know Charlie won't like paying the fees the NFL is asking for it. Although I've read that it is not a particularly high fee.

Tom Bombadil said:
DirecTV recently purchased a 5 year extension for exclusive DBS rights to NFL: Sunday Ticket. This extends their contract through the 2010 season.

The NFL decided to award the contract to only one DBS provider. Therefore Dish is forbidden to carry it through 2010. There is nothing Charlie can do about it until then.

At this point in time, there is no reason to think Dish will ever have NFL:ST. If you want it, then subscribe to DirecTV. Then pay them an additional $219 ($318 for High Def) over your standard bill to watch it.

tom,

some points for you,this new sunday ticket contract was not an extension. it is a whole new contract thru 2010 WITH the rights to an extension thru 2013. the NFL did not decide to only allow one dbs provider to bid, it was put up to the highest bidder. dish was bidding and was the first to drop out. it was then down to two, directv and a consortium of cable companies led by comcast. guess who got out bid??

its called free enterprise, to the highest bidder, go the spoils. the NFL didnt give a rats behind who won as long as they got the top dollar for their product.

isnt capitalism great?? :D

it is, as long as directv is winning :shocked

yeah well they have started to rape the whole sunday ticket and ruin it and put a bad taste in everyones mouth, so is directv winning? back to your directv forum trolly

stuart628 said:
yeah well they have started to rape the whole sunday ticket and ruin it and put a bad taste in everyones mouth, so is directv winning? back to your directv forum trolly

stuart,

how am i a troll??? the search brought up sunday ticket/ nfl channel, which are directv products. as a matter of fact comcast has the nfl channel also.

directv ruined NOTHING, charlie was TOO CHEAP to pay for it. as he is TOO CHEAP to pay sinclair, and that is coming to a head real soon also.

cant wait until viacom buys this idiot out so you guys can start worshiping a GOD other than ergen. :eek:

if directv owns the rights to the sunday ticket, and they do, you are trolling, or dreaming. tell you what , next charlie b#llshit session, ask him to let some moths out of his wallet and get you the NFL CHANNEL, all he has to do IS PAY THE NFL FOR IT :)

Dish Network has not had the oportunity to bid on this package since it inception. DirecTV has had the exlusive DBS rights and the right of first refusal on every new contract. Not that Dish would pay well over 2 BILLION dollars for a package only a small percentage of subscribers are interested in buying after they find out it costs close to $200 for the season, but it is important to remember that every time the package has come up for bid, DirecTV gets first crack. If DirecTV coughs up the amount the NFL asks for, they get the packages no matter what. This is what the right of first refusal means. So far DirecTV has just paid whatever the NFL has asked.

See ya
Tony

sateck01 said:
stuart,

how am i a troll??? the search brought up sunday ticket/ nfl channel, which are directv products. as a matter of fact comcast has the nfl channel also.

directv ruined NOTHING, charlie was TOO CHEAP to pay for it. as he is TOO CHEAP to pay sinclair, and that is coming to a head real soon also.

cant wait until viacom buys this idiot out so you guys can start worshiping a GOD other than ergen. :eek:

if directv owns the rights to the sunday ticket, and they do, you are trolling, or dreaming. tell you what , next charlie b#llshit session, ask him to let some moths out of his wallet and get you the NFL CHANNEL, all he has to do IS PAY THE NFL FOR IT :)

#1 my quote said nothing about nfl channel, it dealt with directv trying to charge a hundred extra dollars for the HD version of the games, that my friend will leave a sour taste in alot of peoples mouths, they will ruin the sunday ticket trust me, its exclusive because they want to nickel and dime you to death
#2 what are you talking about viacom buying dish network out, are you serious about this comment?
#3 I dont worship charlie egren as GOD, trust me on that friend and please be careful how you go telling me what I do, you dont know me.

and my troll comment was dricted at you for coming to a dish network forum to put your directv comments, thats fine as long as its educational, but in no way shape or form was your comment educational, you just wanted to try and bash dish because they dont have sunday ticket. have a great night!

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I was specifically mentioning the 1 channel called nfl network, not the NFL sunday ticket. I had the sunday ticket, which drove me nuts. I was watching 14 games in 3 hours, so I spend most of my time flipping channels. The result is you don't actually watch a game...I'd be great if I had 14 tvs on at the same time, or if I could watch the games at another time during the week, but directv doesn't let you watch it at any other time..and their dvr doesn't let me record all the other 13 either.
As for being able to fill 24 hours with NFL news, you'd be surprised. For someone who doesn't like baseball, the nfl network is a lifesaver during the spring and summer.

sateck01 said:
tom,

the NFL did not decide to only allow one dbs provider to bid, it was put up to the highest bidder. dish was bidding and was the first to drop out. it was then down to two, directv and a consortium of cable companies led by comcast. guess who got out bid??

If you go back and read my message, you will note that I did not state that the NFL limited to only one DBS bidder. I said that they decided to award it to only one DBS provider, that is only one DBS provider would win the bid and be allowed to carry it. Unlike MLB EI or ESPN Gameplan which allow all providers to carry the programming.

As a long-time Dish sub, I was glad that Dish didn't go after NFL:ST. I wouldn't take it anyway, and since the subs to it do not fully cover the cost of the package, everyone who subs to DirecTV pays for a part of NFL:ST. Next year the annual cost for NFL:ST to DTV goes up 75%. How DTV spreads that cost around is anyone's guess. $3.5B over 5 years.

I am glad that Dish does offer MLB:EI and the ESPN college football package as those are my two favorite sports. As I can get my local NFL team in HD for free via a simple antenna, and the same is true for Monday Night Football, that's all I need from the NFL.

Chris Walker said:
There's NO reason why Dish shouldn't have this channel, absolutely inexcusable :mad:

Because Charlie is cheap and doesn't want to add anything that will supposedly "raise" prices. If you have no other reason to stay with Dish then I would highly consider Directv or the local cable company if they carry NFL Network. I mean negotiate to put it in a sports tier, if the price is too much to carry in a basic package.

I too had The NFL Network with Comcast - as an NFL fan, I LOVED it and will miss it dearly returning to Dish and sure hope that Charlie and Co. will pick it up. I suggest everyone here that wants it go to NFLnetwork.com and there you can have them send a Form Letter to Dish requesting it. I have done it a couple of times and plan to do it again when I am done with this......
the more requests we can inundate Dish with the better chance they will pick it up......would be nice IF they would place it in their Sports Pack.

GoooooooooooSeaHawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/home

stuart628 said:
#1 my quote said nothing about nfl channel, it dealt with directv trying to charge a hundred extra dollars for the HD version of the games, that my friend will leave a sour taste in alot of peoples mouths, they will ruin the sunday ticket trust me, its exclusive because they want to nickel and dime you to death
#2 what are you talking about viacom buying dish network out, are you serious about this comment?
#3 I dont worship charlie egren as GOD, trust me on that friend and please be careful how you go telling me what I do, you dont know me.

and my troll comment was dricted at you for coming to a dish network forum to put your directv comments, thats fine as long as its educational, but in no way shape or form was your comment educational, you just wanted to try and bash dish because they dont have sunday ticket. have a great night!

stuart.

how do i begin????

lets do last first, you were on a dish forum bashing directv for having the NFL channel (212), and dont seem to understand thet dish can have it, all ergen has to do is OPEN HIS WALLET, and i think buy another junk satellite, then get a FIVE foot wide dish with 7 lnbs....oh forget that

#3 dont care ....period and dont care to know you. and IF that was a warning, it fell on deaf ears.

#2 viacom is splitting into two divisions, why, ???????? duh! you dont get it!!?? ERGEN is selling, take that to the bank. one more thing, you think MURDOCK is tight mouthed??? wait till you dreamers deal with sumner redstone :yes

#1 the NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV product, they will charge as they see fit, dont want it?? dont subscribe!!

also i see you have no qualm about the sat casters spreading the cost of HD around the subscriber base, but you object to the nfl ticket, WHY?

or are you one of the 46000 unfortunates , who were paying beta testers??? AND I CALLED THAT ONE RIGHT, ask SCOTT G :cool:

.............. :)

What a dork.

sateck01 said:
stuart.

how do i begin????

lets do last first, you were on a dish forum bashing directv for having the NFL channel (212), and dont seem to understand thet dish can have it, all ergen has to do is OPEN HIS WALLET, and i think buy another junk satellite, then get a FIVE foot wide dish with 7 lnbs....oh forget that

#3 dont care ....period and dont care to know you. and IF that was a warning, it fell on deaf ears.

#2 viacom is splitting into two divisions, why, ???????? duh! you dont get it!!?? ERGEN is selling, take that to the bank. one more thing, you think MURDOCK is tight mouthed??? wait till you dreamers deal with sumner redstone :yes

#1 the NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV product, they will charge as they see fit, dont want it?? dont subscribe!!

also i see you have no qualm about the sat casters spreading the cost of HD around the subscriber base, but you object to the nfl ticket, WHY?

or are you one of the 46000 unfortunates , who were paying beta testers??? AND I CALLED THAT ONE RIGHT, ask SCOTT G :cool:

.............. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts