NFL Redzone cut off in overtime

LASooner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 29, 2005
I didn't see a message about this posted anywhere, but I think it kinda sucks that Dish pulled the plug on NFL redzone for the day when the Jets/Bills game was in overtime. In the end it didn't turn out to be a huge deal because my local CBS was broadcasting it, but it sucks that they didn't at least have it until the end of the game that redzone was broadcasting.

I didn't see a message about this posted anywhere, but I think it kinda sucks that Dish pulled the plug on NFL redzone for the day when the Jets/Bills game was in overtime. In the end it didn't turn out to be a huge deal because my local CBS was broadcasting it, but it sucks that they didn't at least have it until the end of the game that redzone was broadcasting.

hehe, NFLST had the game in full.. how bout that :D

True, but a little warning might have been helpful. I'm waiting to hear an explanation next Sunday before things get started.

Did Dish cut the feed automatically?

How long did the RedZone team stick around before they realized they were off the air? Maybe Dish was the only feed to get cut.

What if Dish doesn't yet provide my local CBS? Granted these folks are probably rare these days.

Will their feed get cut at the same time every Sunday regardless of what games are being played?

Seattle and San Fran markets did not get the late game b/c the Seahawks game was on FOX at the same time and the Raiders were blacked out on FOX. Do your research

It went to a dish slate at 5pm exactly, which leads me to believe it was an automatic switch.

Wrong answer.. honestly

LASooner,

I had the Local CBS affiliate running on one Tuner and Redzone running on another. I distinctly remember Scott Hanson say that were going off the air and to watch the NFL network. I believe its a contract thing.

BTW, I'm a Buffalo fan and really that was one of the worst played games I've ever seen by both teams. Sanchez had a quarterback rating worse than a Zombie. Buffalo's quarterbacks were not much better.

John

LASooner,

I had the Local CBS affiliate running on one Tuner and Redzone running on another. I distinctly remember Scott Hanson say that were going off the air and to watch the NFL network. I believe its a contract thing.

BTW, I'm a Buffalo fan and really that was one of the worst played games I've ever seen by both teams. Sanchez had a quarterback rating worse than a Zombie. Buffalo's quarterbacks were not much better.

John

Bingo. That is what it is. For whatever reason (likely contractual with NBC) NFL RedZone stops at a certain point before the Sunday night game. I remember Hanson mentioning this the very first Sunday when it first came on.

This is not a Dish Network issue.

Jets stunk!

LASooner,

John

Big Jets fan here...It was horrendous to watch. I was cringing most of the game.
Honestly both teams looked bad.

However, Sanchez looked anything like the savior we are hoping he is.
Yes, hes young but boy did he remind me of Richard Todd...

I bit the bullet and subscribed to the Multi-sport package to get the Red Zone. The show Sunday was surprisingly good, since I got to see many high-light moments I otherwise would have missed.

The host mentioned 2 or 3 times RZ had to go off the air at 8:00 PM due to contractual obligations. I watched the end of the Jets/Bills pillow fight and was almost hoping the game would end in a tie. Both teams seemed to have entered the Twilight Zone sometime in the fourth quarter and stayed there until the game ended. A very weird game.

Regards,
Fitzie

I did rewind a bit to see if he made an announcement but didn't find one. Glad they at least made the announcement.

It will be interesting to see if a situation comes up where late game(s) are still being played and they have to pull the plug with some not being able to see the outcome - having teased them with all the scores from those games all afternoon. That's when I'll cancel. Contract or not, that's just stupid.

Maybe they can just rerun Heidi if that situation occurs :p

Found this in a Wiki...

"Due to decreasing ticket sales, the league significantly softened its blackout policy in 2009. Though the traditional blackout rules still apply, the league is using some of its new media features to provide access to blacked-out games. For instance, the league will not subject its "RedZone" channel to any blackouts (the new RedZone channel, a new service introduced in 2009, cuts to live games when there is a significant potential for scoring)."

So even if my home team is blacked out, I still get to see the touchdowns?

Not technically a blackout - this probably explains why the RedZone goes silent at 8:00 ET...

"If the doubleheader network's games all finish before 7:30 ET, it is supposed to conclude the post-game show within 10 minutes to protect NBC's pre-game show. If any games finish after 7:30, the post-game can run until 8:00 ET."

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_television>

DISH did not cut the feed. NFL RedZone is contractually obligated to stop broadcasting at 8pm eastern time. Focus your complaints to the NFL Office.

I did rewind a bit to see if he made an announcement but didn't find one. Glad they at least made the announcement.

It will be interesting to see if a situation comes up where late game(s) are still being played and they have to pull the plug with some not being able to see the outcome - having teased them with all the scores from those games all afternoon. That's when I'll cancel. Contract or not, that's just stupid.

Maybe they can just rerun Heidi if that situation occurs :p

Now THAT'S just stupid...............

if you have a problem contact the NFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)