NFL Redzone Question

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I was looking at the free preview page, and NFL Redzone is in free preview the first two weeks of the season.

Free Channel Previews | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

However, underneath the free preview it says "Always available with NFL RedZone or Multi-Sport Pack." Is it possible to get NFL Redzone as a standalone channel now? Or is the way it is on the site misleading and it is only with multisport pack?

I was looking at the free preview page, and NFL Redzone is in free preview the first two weeks of the season.

However, underneath the free preview it says "Always available with NFL RedZone or Multi-Sport Pack." Is it possible to get NFL Redzone as a standalone channel now? Or is the way it is on the site misleading and it is only with multisport pack?
I think it comes in the Regionals action Pack as well... but if not, the MSP only.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We definitely don't want there to be any confusion. At this time, the Redzone is not available as a standalone subscription channel.The NFL Redzone is currently only available with the Multi-Sport Pack with Redzone. I will get this forwarded so we can get the information corrected. -Jasmine D.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We definitely don't want there to be any confusion. At this time, the Redzone is not available as a standalone subscription channel.The NFL Redzone is currently only available with the Multi-Sport Pack with Redzone. I will get this forwarded so we can get the information corrected. -Jasmine D.

I had a customer try to do the exact same thing with Comcast today without getting a base package.

I had a customer try to do the exact same thing with Comcast today without getting a base package.
Because how dare customers try to pay for a channel a la carte? That's the issue with the providers. Everything needs to be bundled in a package. Charge us the going rate for the channel. We want to pay it, then so be it.

Especially with Comcast. The same company that doesn't bundle The Movie Channel with Showtime, and charges the same going rate for two channels of The Movie Channel as they charge for seven channels of HBO, yet how dare us customers ask to order Red Zone a la carte.

Reactions: HipKat
Because how dare customers try to pay for a channel a la carte? That's the issue with the providers. Everything needs to be bundled in a package. Charge us the going rate for the channel. We want to pay it, then so be it.

Especially with Comcast. The same company that doesn't bundle The Movie Channel with Showtime, and charges the same going rate for two channels of The Movie Channel as they charge for seven channels of HBO, yet how dare us customers ask to order Red Zone a la carte.

We definitely understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately there isn't a way for the pay-TV industry to truly have a la carte as no one provider owns the channels, and the owners get to place their channels in a package that we negotiate for. The closest thing in the industry would be our Flex Pack. One of the first options to give you a low cost base package and allows you mini pack add-ons that you can add, swap, and/or remove whenever you wish. --Trisha R.

Reactions: charlesrshell

And why should they offer it a la carte?

It’s bad enough they got customers who subscribe to internet only and try to stream everything or get their video elsewhere.

I don’t think any provider is restricted from selling it a la carte, but when customers demand free installation, free equipment and everything else there is no way a provider will allow a customer to get just 1 channel.

Take Sunday Ticket for example. How many customers want Directv just for Sunday Ticket. It’s not happening. A base package is always required

Reactions: osumike

On the other hand, if you take the monthly cost of the Multi Sports pack over four months and divide that by sixteen weeks, the cost of Red Zone is $3.25 per Sunday. Even less if you wait until the free preview is over. A bargain....and you get all those blacked out Fox RSN's thrown in for Free!

If Dish ever offers it a-la-carte, I'll bet it would cost at least five bucks per Sunday.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
On the other hand, if you take the monthly cost of the Multi Sports pack over four months and divide that by sixteen weeks, the cost of Red Zone is $3.25 per Sunday. Even less if you wait until the free preview is over. A bargain....and you get all those blacked out Fox RSN's thrown in for Free!

If Dish ever offers it a-la-carte, I'll bet it would cost at least five bucks per Sunday.
Don't forget
Call to cancel sport pack,
Get sporr pack reduced to 1/2 price.

Even less per Sunday.

;)

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

It’s bad enough they got customers who subscribe to internet only and try to stream everything or get their video elsewhere.

What is wrong if we stream everything or get our video elsewhere, if i am correct, I believe Comcast internet only customers are the most profitable for them.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

What is wrong if we stream everything or get our video elsewhere, if i am correct, I believe Comcast internet only customers are the most profitable for them.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
I wish I could find the article, but it was only 2-3 years ago someone had written about how internet only customers are 80% profit. The lines are amortized so well, and subsidized so well, it is almost pure profit. But never leave a dollar on the table. Which is where tv subscribers and phone bundles come in.

Easy peasy...buy the sports pack...then lock out everyother channel but redzone...price will be similar to ala carte

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)