NFL Thursday Night Football

Yeah, that's where I first saw it.
Curious on the non-sports front and how it will affect other CBS shows. Will the NFL coming to Thursday mean the end for 2 1/2 Men's slow death?

Yeah, that's where I first saw it.
Curious on the non-sports front and how it will affect other CBS shows. Will the NFL coming to Thursday mean the end for 2 1/2 Men's slow death?

As I mentioned in the sports thread I think this pushes them to cancel 1-2 sitcoms. They were on the edge already on this---at least according to reports. it could be 2 1/2 or it could be Mom. Maybe both though they may not want to upset Chuck lorre by kiling two of his shows.

They are over saturating the market with this and could hurt them imo!! :)

Good point, considering Thursday night has some of their best programming... shuffling them around will probably annoy some loyal viewers.
Personally am not a fan of Thursday night games. Sundays and Monday nights feel right.. those are Football days.

Kinda like when NBC puts NHL playoff hockey at noon in may/june weekends...it gets a collective "whatever" from Canada.

As I mentioned in the sports thread I think this pushes them to cancel 1-2 sitcoms. They were on the edge already on this---at least according to reports. it could be 2 1/2 or it could be Mom. Maybe both though they may not want to upset Chuck lorre by kiling two of his shows.

It's only the first 8 weeks of the season.

2.5 Men used to be on Mondays, shows move all the time.

CBS probably figures it's worth moving shows and keeping the other networks from showing the games against their programming....

Since they added an extra hour it wouldn't surprise me. However, Mom, and the entire Monday comedy block is very solid averaging 10 million viewers per show. Of the current comedies, 2 1/2 men and The Crazy ones are the two lowest rated. Viewership drops from 19 million for Big Bang to 8.86 million for 2 1/2 men.

S~

I think that either Men or Mom goes. Mike and Milly hasa delayed opening like it did last year.

It would not be like CBS to keep all their sitcoms. HIMYM is ending and I think they were likely to kill something else anyway. that is it the Chief has spoken. of course they could do something totally different and reshuffle the schedule losing two drama in the process and then in November revive Wagon Train and 77 Sunset Strip.

I don't see Mom being dropped. If they do drop one hour of comedies, it will be tough to pick one (HIMYM is already in its last season). None are really on the chopping block. As I said, the two comedies with the lowest viewership are 2 1/2 Men and The Crazy Ones. I can see Mike and Molly moving to Thursdays midseason after football and either 2 1/2 Men or Crazy Ones moving to Monday to try to improve ratings.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/04/cbs-hawaii-five-0-is-certain-to-be-renewed/233068/

S~

Why would they cancel shows just because of games broadcast for 8 weeks during September and October?

Does The Big Bang Theory not premiere until November OR is it still shown and the NFL starts at 8:30 PM Eastern?

It usually starts in Sept like all other shows. It used to be on Monday and with HIMYM going off it will probably just move back to Monday.

Well as i mentioed it would NOt be strictly because of this. There are reports taht they are already considering it and my argument is that this would be the tipping point not thw entire reason.

It's only the first 8 weeks of the season.

2.5 Men used to be on Mondays, shows move all the time.

CBS probably figures it's worth moving shows and keeping the other networks from showing the games against their programming....

I thought the deal was for the full season of Thursday night NFL ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts