NFL Ticket forced to buy base package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluenoid

Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I had call to order the NFL ticket and was told I had to subscribe to the base package in order to get the NFL ticket.

Does any one know if this is legal.

damaged said:
Perfectly legal. Perhaps try to get Para Todos+ST?

The thing is I work for Comcast so I just wanted the NFL Ticket since I get free cable.

What is Para Todos+ST

you need at least Total Choice (English base package) or Para Todos (Spanish base package) to get NFL ST

bluenoid said:
The thing is I work for Comcast so I just wanted the NFL Ticket since I get free cable.

What is Para Todos+ST

It's a spanish package, I think it's $29.99 a month, with it you can order Sunday/NFL ticket, it's cheaper than the lowest TC package.

Last edited:
I could see you complaining if you had to pay for both...but if you could have both and pay for one? Do it. And feel lucky that you are paying for the cheaper option.

Greg Bimson said:
But that isn't the cheapest qualifying package.

Except for the fact I currently have ST with it... Don't make me post screenshots of my account.

I got sunday ticket with the vietnamese package which is only 9.99/ month. If you have international programming, talk to the international rep, they will know more about this.

Just talk to the CSR reps to get the full info. When I first re-joined D* this year because I learned that I was going to have to sign up for a base package, I was told that a lot of people sign up for the base package and then after the season just put their account on hold until the next football season.

yes, i do that. but I combine that with the "ditch the dish" comcast promo during the off-season. so i get comcast's silver pack for like 39 bucks.

dcwebman said:
I was told that a lot of people sign up for the base package and then after the season just put their account on hold until the next football season.

colebert said:
yes, i do that. but I combine that with the "ditch the dish" comcast promo during the off-season. so i get comcast's silver pack for like 39 bucks.

BINGO!! :D

But how does this new rental thing work if you put your account on hold? Do they let you keep the equipment for 8 months while it is on hold??

Last edited:
I st sent them an e-mail saying to convert me from the family base package to the Vietnamese base package. I'll post my results here as soon as I hear from them, which seems to be about 5 -days right now.

"I st sent them an e-mail saying to convert me from the family base package to the Vietnamese base package. I'll post my results here as soon as I hear from them, which seems to be about 5 -days right now."

Have you looked into whether they will be required to put up another dish so you can get that package? I know lots of the international channels are on other sats.

I was told that package requires a base package of Family Pack or better. I am staying at the family pack level, it is not worth the time to save a little money for me.

Not to mention the dullard CSR cancelled my NFL ST, so I logged in and re-added it and told them to figure out the correct billing.

So my situation requires that I keep Dish Network for PQ and added HD, and DirecTV for NFL ST. It is funny because I got the Dish 622 and that is a piece of just when stacked up next to my HR10-250, and the HR20-700 I sent back is remnant of the Dish PVR501.

Since they are both businesses, their goal is money. I have seen over the last 3 years that quality is not important to DirecTV and that Dish seems to not care about keeping customer. So they are both evil.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)