NFL Trying to push the Cable Co to carry its Network.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
NFL Net Offers Satellite Perks to Prod MSO Carriage Pacts

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Consoli[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]APRIL 27, 2006 -

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The NFL Network, hoping to motivate Time Warner Cable and Cablevision to begin offering the network on their systems, at its upfront presentation last night, issued certificates to attendees offering free installation of DirecTV, a one-year free subscription to the satellite service and a $99 rebate on a DVR or HD receiver upgrade.

In announcing the offer, Steve Bornstein, president and CEO of NFL Network, said it would insure that those wanting to receive the network, particularly for its new eight-game Thursday/Saturday night NFL regular season games telecasts, which begin Thanksgiving night, will get to do so.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Source

[/FONT]

I think this channel is a premium channel (requires the sports pack) on Verizon FIOS. As for my Comcast, they carry the SD channel, but not the HD channel.

Any idea if the games will be in HD or not this year on this channel?

-John

I believe there is a separate HD channel to show the game on a part time basis (correct me if I am wrong, anyone?)

There seem to be three ways to get NFL Network HD.

1. As a full-time channel, with SD programs upconverted.
2. As a part-time channel, only active during HD shows.
3. HD programs shown on INHD, overriding their regular programs.

Comcast does all three, depending on where you live.

I believe there are currently only two HD shows: the Game of the Week and Six Days to Sunday.

Looks like my Comcast system (Baltimore City) will be getting the channel full-time on July 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts