NFL's richest contracts for 2013

Wow there are a lot of them that are truly overpaid!Kevin Kolb,talk about making out like a bandit!

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1...2013?campaign=Twitter_essay_contracts#photo=1

I still don't understand why Flacco got that much....stupid owner I guess.

First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 93
Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)
Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6
Most touchdowns in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner)
Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana)
First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason
Most consecutive playoff games with three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Flacco

Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana)
First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason
Most consecutive playoff games with three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers)

Those are some very impressive statistics.If that doesn't earn you a huge payday nothing will.I'm not a Flacco fan but,hard to argue with his success.

First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)

These happen when your previous QB sucked and the rest of the team was ready to win it all.

These happen when your previous QB sucked and the rest of the team was ready to win it all.

Yes and here comes the but....

The rest of the team,no matter how good or bad had any control over those statistics.That was all Flacco right there.To have 11 postseason games,with at least 1 TD and no interceptions,and to be only the second guy,on the same list of hall of famer Joe Montana,is mighty impressive.

Yes and here comes the but....

The rest of the team,no matter how good or bad had any control over those statistics.That was all Flacco right there.To have 11 postseason games,with at least 1 TD and no interceptions,and to be only the second guy,on the same list of hall of famer Joe Montana,is mighty impressive.

Oh, don't get me wrong, your right , those are very impressive stats.

it doesn't impress me in today's "lets make it easier on passing offenses" NFL league. put some of those retired qb's in today's NFL and they would have even larger numbers than a flacco or a brees.

i know this is going to sound insane but I'm still not convinced flacco is that good. playing the what if's game :rolleyes:,yeah i know, that safety in Denver does his job against that pass that looked more like a punt and flacco would still be looked at as mediocre at best. maybe wouldn't even get a contract from the ravens. amazing how one play or mistake by the opposing team can make such a huge difference....

Many do, someone had to HAVE that record before Flacco.

Records can tell you anything, you can make a stat for just about anything now.

Don't get me wrong, no one really deserves that kind of money. But with those numbers and NFL records on his resume, it's kinda hard to deny him the going rate...

Don't get me wrong, no one really deserves that kind of money. But with those numbers and NFL records on his resume, it's kinda hard to deny him the going rate...

Its difficult. At the end you're worth whatever a team is willing to pay you. whether We agree with it or not is irrelevant I guess.

it doesn't impress me in today's "lets make it easier on passing offenses" NFL league. put some of those retired qb's in today's NFL and they would have even larger numbers than a flacco or a brees.

i know this is going to sound insane but I'm still not convinced flacco is that good. playing the what if's game :rolleyes:,yeah i know, that safety in Denver does his job against that pass that looked more like a punt and flacco would still be looked at as mediocre at best. maybe wouldn't even get a contract from the ravens. amazing how one play or mistake by the opposing team can make such a huge difference....

For me it comes down to postseason success,and even more importantly,SB rings.I never considered Eli Manning as a top 10 Qb,after 2 SB rings I now do.Flacco has better postseason statistics than Arron Rodgers,I consider Rodgers to be in the top 5 currently.I wasn't sold on Flacco,until he proved it this postseason.

For me it comes down to postseason success,and even more importantly,SB rings.I never considered Eli Manning as a top 10 Qb,after 2 SB rings I now do.Flacco has better postseason statistics than Arron Rodgers,I consider Rodgers to be in the top 5 currently.I wasn't sold on Flacco,until he proved it this postseason.

I'm still not convinced that he can continue playing at that level consistently.

So, if you were the Baltimore GM it sounds like you wouldn't have offered Flacco that kind of money. If that happened and he signed somewhere else, who would be your plan B??

I don't think Flacco was going ANYWHERE, regardless ...
No, I would not have paid him as much as he made.
That said, others will be passing that figure soon.

How much was he making before this signing ?

I don't think Flacco was going ANYWHERE, regardless ...
No, I would not have paid him as much as he made.
That said, others will be passing that figure soon.

How much was he making before this signing ?

So you would have tagged him and paid him a salary-cap-strangling $20m this year then? His current contract was predicated by that and as a result is a significantly lower cap hit - he was not going to sign for less than what he would have gotten under the tag. In a couple years he will restructure or be released when his cap number balloons.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Because of Flacco's contact I wonder how many players are going to be gone like Suggs or Reed?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I have no issues him getting this contract. He is THE most important AND consistant player on that team for the last 3 years. And every time he got into the playoffs, he gets better. Forget the "what IFs", reality is, he has been scary good in the playoffs and winning.

Besides, most contracts are more based on what have you done lately...not what you MIGHT do in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)