NGHD worth it?

From what I saw during the free preview, I would say no. During the time I watched it there was almost no actual HD programming. I may be wrong, but from what I could see I would say it's not worth it.

To each his own....I like NGHD. Good content & from what I've seen, mostly HD content. I've seen the reports of "not much HD", but folks must be watching a different NGHD channel (or at different times) than me.

For me - it's more about the content in any event- no sense in watching something in HD if it's something that you don't really care to see. The most "bang for the buck" for my watching would be the History Channel in HD. Of course, I don't have a lot of expectation of this.....most of the stuff on the channel is not & will never be HD.....

I agree with irons. This channel seems to have lots of HD content and we watch it quite often at our house. I have never seen any problems with the picture quality. I prefer this station of the Discovery HD, has better content.

I got the Gold package primarily for NGHD. While I don't like the thought of paying 10 bucks extra for 1 channel, I do watch it quite a bit. I really like the Seconds from Disaster show.

NGC-HD is now my favorite channel. The best shows are the ones that Sean mentioned: I like Naked Science, Seconds from Disaster, Is it Real,Explorer, MEGASTRUCTURES, Naked Planet.
One thing that I've noticed is that they've been stepping up the amount of HD content since it was added to E*.

Walter L. said:
NGC-HD is now my favorite channel. The best shows are the ones that Sean mentioned: I like Naked Science, Seconds from Disaster, Is it Real,Explorer, MEGASTRUCTURES, Naked Planet.
One thing that I've noticed is that they've been stepping up the amount of HD content since it was added to E*.

I second this. NGHD is much better now than it was when it first went live; I watch it almost every day. It is well worth the money, IMHO.

I think that NGHD in combination with Discover HD Theatre and Equator provides a wealth of educational material that is usually quite interesting. If only I had a PBS HD OTA or LIL!

rockymtnhigh said:
I second this. NGHD is much better now than it was when it first went live; I watch it almost every day. It is well worth the money, IMHO.

I think that NGHD in combination with Discover HD Theatre and Equator provides a wealth of educational material that is usually quite interesting. If only I had a PBS HD OTA or LIL!

I upped to gold gonna give it a shot. Really like the 622..the pip is a nice feature while still using the HDMI. My tv will not let me do pip using it's pip with dvi or or hdmi as one of the sources but i can with the 622 (o: so far I am grooving with E*.

NGHD is the only reason I have the Gold HD package. Seconds from disaster is a great show. I record all of them (along with many other great programs). The channel is what TLC used to be before it became the fashion channel.

NGHD is also the only reason I upgraded to Gold. I watch the channel several times a week and well worth it to me. Hist/Histi/Disc/TLC and NGHD are probably my top favorite channels.

-Mike

Megastructures last nite on the palm island in Dubai was really a treat. You could tell some footage wasn't HD, but most of it was and really showed off the amazing blue water that Dubai is famous for. Plus, I think the content is in synch with the regular station which makes it easier to know what's on.

NGHD was the reason I went from Bronze to Gold and then Platinum as it was just 10 extra bucks with the all the movie channels as goodies. :hungry:

I watch this HD channel more than any other

NGHD channel is like crack- you can't stop watching. Like poster above, I watch it more than any other HD channel. One of the best things on E*'s HD package and worth the $10 upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts