NHL Center Ice 2019-20

mondiale

Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Just some observations.

It looks as if each team has its own dedicated channel number which is great improvement over the random placement of games somewhere in the channel range.

It is showing HD channels for teams that have historically only been shown in SD (the MSG and Canadian teams).

Happy hockey new year!!!!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Just some observations.

It looks as if each team has its own dedicated channel number which is great improvement over the random placement of games somewhere in the channel range.

It is showing HD channels for teams that have historically only been shown in SD (the MSG and Canadian teams).

Happy hockey new year!!!!
HD is what has kept me form ordering it in the past, but I will now if it's truly HD. All the Sabres games were always in SD.... in this era, fcol...smh

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I called Dish today to get a clarification on this...
I sub to NHL CI....Now, the NHL website appears to imply that CI subs also can watch games on the mobile site (NHL Mobile). An app I have on my phne and my tablet,
I have a trucking business that has me on the road about 200 days per year,
So I'm going to have to give it a whirl on my next run out of town.
I have no idea whether or not I can view games via mobile device,
I could use the dish anywhere app, BUT....my wifi router is pretty much stone knives and bearskins.
I am reluctant to buy a whole home wifi system because every single one of them seems to get bad reviews.....I look at cnet for reviews on whole home wifi and the are not a lot of help...."This one works great ...BUT"....is all I see in the reviews....Im clueless as to which wifi to purchase...End of whine

I'll be curious to see, despite the team channels, if two different feeds are actually offered. For example will Pittsburgh at the Rangers just be the Pittsburgh HD feed on both teams channels. If HD feeds from both teams, including the Canadian ones, are there that would be a huge improvement.

I'll be curious to see, despite the team channels, if two different feeds are actually offered. For example will Pittsburgh at the Rangers just be the Pittsburgh HD feed on both teams channels. If HD feeds from both teams, including the Canadian ones, are there that would be a huge improvement.

This is what it is like on NBA League Pass. Teams have dedicated channels, but if Dish has the RSN for one team but not the other, they would use the feed that they had the RSN for. So when the Knicks played the Pacers, both the Knicks channel and the Pacers channel had the Fox Sports Indiana feed. But if the Knicks played the Celtics, then they brought in one of the feeds directly from the NBA - usually the home team's feed. The only time both teams had their own feeds was if Dish had feeds for both teams. It will be interesting to see what they do with no NBC Sports Chicago or any of the FOX RSN's.

I called Dish today to get a clarification on this...
I sub to NHL CI....Now, the NHL website appears to imply that CI subs also can watch games on the mobile site (NHL Mobile). An app I have on my phne and my tablet,
I have a trucking business that has me on the road about 200 days per year,
So I'm going to have to give it a whirl on my next run out of town.
I have no idea whether or not I can view games via mobile device,
I could use the dish anywhere app, BUT....my wifi router is pretty much stone knives and bearskins.
I am reluctant to buy a whole home wifi system because every single one of them seems to get bad reviews.....I look at cnet for reviews on whole home wifi and the are not a lot of help...."This one works great ...BUT"....is all I see in the reviews....Im clueless as to which wifi to purchase...End of whine
I can't tell you about the mobile app, but I can say I have a 3 Node Linksys Velop system and it works excellent. No problems!

BTW, this used to be my baby, back in another life

b9truck2_jpg_w300h240.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was told yesterday by a retention csr that if the channel was blacked out that the Center Ice channel would also be blacked out.

So, why, when I got to order CI, it says format is SD?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! The package includes games in HD and SD (some games only SD); so it should give you access to both versions regardless of the format while ordering it through Mydish.com as we only have one "package" for CI. As opposed to boxing events, where we would have the ability to order an event in either HD or SD. -Christina W.

Reactions: HipKat
I'm a Carolina Hurricanes fan and the Fox RSN that shows their games has been taken off. I assume the game won't be available to me tonight on the Center Ice channels?

If you are in the Carolina home area then the games should be blacked out on CI, same with NHL.TV. NHL.TV has a zip code calculator that will show what teams you will be blacked out for.

I have a paid sub to NHL Center Ice. Last night I was watching the Ottawa/Toronto game (on Hopper 3) and about halfway through the first period, the screen went to black and a message came up saying "You are not authorized to view this program". It gave 3 choices - Verify you have a subscription, Unplug the DVR for 10 seconds, if problem persists, call DISH.
I tried NHL-TV on the Roku and was able to see the game.
So I called DISH and the tech connected to the DVR. She verified I had a subscription, checked some settings and sent a rehit to the DVR. However the issue continued so she ordered an on-premises service call.
I have no idea what the service call can do because the signal was just fine (albeit in SD) until it was determined the box was not authorized. BTW, I'm in Hawaii so blackouts would not be an issue.
As an aside, I first tried calling DISH and was going to speak to a regular CSR to verify my subscription. I was told there was a 29 minute wait so opted for the callback. The callback never came (second time this has happened). So I called again for tech support and stayed on the line for another half hour and finally got through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)