NHL Center Ice issues?

Bent82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Upper Peninsula Of Michigan
Is anyone having issues with Center Ice? I subscribe so my wife can watch her Maple Leafs, and when we tried to tune in to the game, all of the Center Ice related channels are showing the blank Dish slate that shows when a channel isn't broadcasting, and no games are showing up in the guide. Dish support had no idea but thinks it is my receivers and submitted a request to engineering, but that seems weird to me, since I am getting the slate channel. Anyone else having this problem?

Is anyone having issues with Center Ice? I subscribe so my wife can watch her Maple Leafs, and when we tried to tune in to the game, all of the Center Ice related channels are showing the blank Dish slate that shows when a channel isn't broadcasting, and no games are showing up in the guide. Dish support had no idea but thinks it is my receivers and submitted a request to engineering, but that seems weird to me, since I am getting the slate channel. Anyone else having this problem?

Leafs game is on NBCSN and therefore would not be on Center Ice.

Reactions: JasonSu
Hmm, you are right. Seems she could have been watching the game all along. I may be in trouble now. I did have some sort of issue earlier though, no games were showing up for any other day this week either, but checking now they are. Maybe the hit I was sent cleared that up.

Though I wish the Dish tech could have told me this, it would have saved me from posting this thread.

Thanks.

If you have a hopper, press the blue button to bring up the game finder, and select NHL and always verify there. If no hopper, then go to the gamefinder in mydish.com, and just double check it there(you can find ALL NHL games on any available channels, and verify HD and BlackOut)

Ok so this time I know something is up. Game is showing up on the guide, channel 584, Maple Leafs at Sabres, game finder also saying it is on 584, but tuning in I get the Dish Season ticket slate and elevator music. Game was supposed to start 15 minutes ago. Any ideas?

Dish really upset me tonight. I may have to call customer service just to vent. The Blues were playing the Capitals on Center Ice, everything was fine until in between the 2nd and 3rd periods the HD feed becomes unavailable, so I have to switch to SD (which looks awful on my TV). Eventually the game comes back on the HD feed with about 9 1/2 minutes left in the 3rd period. So what do we call that? A LIP (Lose in Progress), then a JIP? Very frustrating. I'm at least glad I was home, because if I had recorded this watch later, I'd be really ticked off. Definitely not getting Center Ice next year, I will go with NHL Gamecenter.

Be thankful you get HD.

Here in Hawaii, game finder tells us we get HD feeds but we do not overall.

You might call DISH and be polite. Tell them you are supposed to get HD and you are only getting SD.

In your mind come up with a rational agreement what you would accept as a result of this lack of providing.

I did this and after a bit of back and forth my subscription to CI was worth my while even though it's not what is promised by game finder.

Thing is know what you want in remuneration, be polite, be prepared to negotiate.

I won't say my final solution but our final agreement was more than equitable in my favor.

Bitch is i still get SD feeds but I get games I would not ordinarily receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts