NHL Center Ice Renewal...

Its funny how we dont believe anything until its true llike the uplink sparked some hope but eventually that hope dies and we go back to our basic complaining (Paranoid Paranoid Paranoid).......................

JUST LIKE ME:rolleyes:

Paranoia is part of being a Dish subscriber. Charlie will pull a channel for several weeks or forever if he doesn't get the deal he wants. He will also pull a pay service if he feels it isn't the right deal (Baseball E.I.). Uplinks are added and removed all the time, so it's hard to get a warm fuzzy feeling about them...

This is the difference between Direct and Dish -- Direct will pay whatever it costs and let the subscriber decide whether he wants to subscribe or not. Sunday ticket is now up to $280 and an additional $80-$100 to get the games in HD. Charlie unilaterally makes those decisions for us...hence the paranoia.:(

The movie is titled "Being There". He also stared in "The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu" after Being There.

If Dish does not light up MSG as a RSN in HD here in NY, will the HD feed be included in the "out of market" CI elsewhere in the country?
knew that...the scenes at The Rand Estate were shot at the famous Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC...
"Mr President, you look much smaller on television"..
I forgot about " the Fiendish Plot" film..Thanks..

http://imdb.com/title/tt0078841/

i see we still have no good information from dish about center ice..... that uplink report DOES NOTHING fr me... i will only be ok when I can order my CI. DTV sure has it, along with cable providers locally... but not dish. 8 days till the reg season... and still no word.

I have no sympathy for their negotiations. What were they working on all summer, that they couldn't have decided to carry this ( or not) until now? I would figure Gary Buttman would not have much of a negotiating leg to stand on, but this is Dish network, where the customer comes 4th.

i see we still have no good information from dish about center ice..... that uplink report DOES NOTHING fr me... i will only be ok when I can order my CI. DTV sure has it, along with cable providers locally... but not dish. 8 days till the reg season... and still no word.

I have no sympathy for their negotiations. What were they working on all summer, that they couldn't have decided to carry this ( or not) until now? I would figure Gary Buttman would not have much of a negotiating leg to stand on, but this is Dish network, where the customer comes 4th.
While watching a Charlie chat once a viewer called in and inquired about Center Ice...Charlie's reply was they'd be glad to have the service if Dish could figure out a way to make it profitable...He also said once when discussing NFL ST that if subscribers wanted that service then they should go to DTV...
So you see, with Charlie, the bottom line IS the bottom line...
BTW saw a Dish conmmercial this AM advertising their "season ticket" sports packs..NHL Center Ice was part of that ad...So who knows...I really am getting sick of Dish torturing their subs with no news on certain programming.. As a tech ,I get from both sides..As a customer and I have to deal with customer inquiries ion the crap..I am sick of it..

You saw a "DISH" commercial? or a Local installers ad?

I just sent an email off to the ceo address.
it was a Dish commercial..I was watching the weather channel ...the ad appeared in the 7am edt hour... just after weather on the 8's..nea the bottom of th hour i am sure of it.

You saw a "DISH" commercial? or a Local installers ad?

I just sent an email off to the ceo address.
i saw one of the dish sports commericals a few days ago while watching headline news. lots of hockey highlights and the center ice logo at the end along with other sports package logos.

Last edited:
I am about ready to pull the plugged on Dish myself right now. The Season, starts a week from next Wednesday for CI and like everyone else b*tching about it here, no good is coming of it from E*. So, the subs that Direct, what feeds do they get on the toronto games? U.S. or Canadian. My wife, whom is canadian desparately wants her Canadian annoucers like we had last year on the CI package on E*. I just want the package, because Sabres will stick it to the Leafs again in the new season.

I am about ready to pull the plugged on Dish myself right now. The Season, starts a week from next Wednesday for CI and like everyone else b*tching about it here, no good is coming of it from E*. So, the subs that Direct, what feeds do they get on the toronto games? U.S. or Canadian. My wife, whom is canadian desparately wants her Canadian annoucers like we had last year on the CI package on E*. I just want the package, because Sabres will stick it to the Leafs again in the new season.

Damn Straight GO SABRES, GO CENTER ICE

I remember a bunch of people saying that because of BTN, and some of them actually did, and what happened...

If you live outside the Big Ten states (like many of us Big Ten grads), it is not clear if the BTN will be available after this next spring. Dish, in it's public statements, have been unclear in this matter. And now, there is the Center Ice issue, whether or not that will be carried. And last Spring it was Extra Innings. That is why many have left Dish. Because they are jacking with the sports customer.

If you live outside the Big Ten states (like many of us Big Ten grads), it is not clear if the BTN will be available after this next spring. Dish, in it's public statements, have been unclear in this matter. And now, there is the Center Ice issue, whether or not that will be carried. And last Spring it was Extra Innings. That is why many have left Dish. Because they are jacking with the sports customer.

And many have left D* because they are jacking with the HD customer.

CI is going to be here shortly I predict. And then D* subs will have to go back to searching for something else to convince themselves they made the right choice by switching. ;)

If so many subs have left Dish, how come Dish continues to outpace Direct in adding subs?

And many have left D* because they are jacking with the HD customer.

CI is going to be here shortly I predict. And then D* subs will have to go back to searching for something else to convince themselves they made the right choice by switching. ;)

I was a D* customer a year ago, switched to E* because I wanted a HD DVR and D* had problems rolling them out (because they were new). Then E* dropped EI and have been non committal about BTN and CI. I *know* that D* will carry EI, CI into the foreseeable future and Dish customers, who want that programming, will be crossing their fingers each time those seasons roll around. Not worth it to me. I know what each service offers, more than most, because I have been a customer of each service very recently.

If you like the Voom stuff......good for you. I don't. And I don't want to pay for it. If you are happy with the 622.....good, but I want my second TV to show HD and not low def SD. It's all in the mix. Yes, I'm very aware of what each provider offers and I'm not crazy about some of the hardware and programming decisions made by E*. To each his/her own. Each service offers a different take on hardware and programming.

I am not at all convinced that dish is going to offer this package (CI) this year. They have made many mistakes dealing with sports related issues in the past.

My local cable company doesn't carry CI anymore, that's why they lost my bussiness.

The same fate awaits Dish network if they don't comply with CI this season.

I remember when Dish thought that a $5 credit was a good compensation for not having Versus in 06-07. Well, they will sure be denied this time if they try that, because the next words outta my mouth if they say such a thing will be, come get your dish and equipment... buh bye.

:mad: This is what happens when you think you have a monopoly. My actions will speak louder then these words

What were they working on all summer, that they couldn't have decided to carry this ( or not) until now?

This is the biggest part of Charlie's negotiating strategy. He already has a reputation for pulling the plug if he doesn't get what he wants and the closer it gets to zero hour, the better the odds are that the provider (in this case C.I.) will cave in to Charlie's demands.

This is unlikely to be settled before October 1...but I think it will be settled. The NHL needs all the exposure (and revenue) it can get.

FTA recievers

Is anyone using an FTA reciever and if so are you able to get all Hockey games. My neighbor has one and was able to recieve all of the baseball games this year while getting his signal from Dish Network. I'm really considering paying the $400 for a HD FTA, I just got Dish two months ago unaware they might not be carrying Center Ice. I still have another 16 months on my contract so I'm screwed. Aso I have the HD/DVR box that came with my Dish Network package, if I get an FTA reciever would I still be able to record my games using the Dish Network DVR box?

Pittsburgh HD locals breaking up

dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)