NHL Center Ice Renewal...

I think the reason for this is that Dish doesn't currently carry NESN HD.

I have heard that Dish "doesn't carry" some RSN's HD, including NESN. I am confused as to why. That would mean that sports fans in Boston (and other areas) would have to subscribe to some other service, other than Dish, in order to see their sports teams in HD. This hardly seems the way to keep or increase their subscriber base, especially since they already have the RSN. It can't be that big deal to also get RSN HD rights...

Further to my previous post -- I continue to rant. Today's CI schedule has 6 games and none are scheduled for HD broadcast on CI. That makes 2 games out of 15 over the past 2 days that have been in HD, and Dish claimed "a majority" of the games on CI would be in HD. It actually looks like that was their intention as there is a separate HD channel set up for every SD channel on CI -- they just haven't followed through on providing the HD telecasts...

Anyone have a vaild email of NHL Headquarters?

I am ticked off at the fact we don't get the HD Broadcasts of HNIC, TSN, Leafs TV, Rogers Sportnet, etc.; and to top it off since Dish doesn't have MSG HD -, I am forced watch the my team (which I share a season ticket to) in SD, even if there are other feeds available on the CI Package in HD, due to blackout rules to protect the local market. (TWC does broadcast the home games in HD but it is some exclusive agreement as of now.)

I emailed the NHL a week ago, on their contact us on their webpage regarding CI, complaining of this fact but have yet to get a response.

So if anyone else has a valid email address would it be appreicated, otherwise I will have to send Bettman and Charlie a snail mail letter to express my feelings on this.:mad:

I am ticked off at the fact we don't get the HD Broadcasts of HNIC, TSN, Leafs TV, Rogers Sportnet, etc.; and to top it off since Dish doesn't have MSG HD -, I am forced watch the my team (which I share a season ticket to) in SD, even if there are other feeds available on the CI Package in HD, due to blackout rules to protect the local market. (TWC does broadcast the home games in HD but it is some exclusive agreement as of now.)

I emailed the NHL a week ago, on their contact us on their webpage regarding CI, complaining of this fact but have yet to get a response.

So if anyone else has a valid email address would it be appreicated, otherwise I will have to send Bettman and Charlie a snail mail letter to express my feelings on this.:mad:

PM me...

My favorite team is Buffalo, as well. I remember Mike Robitaille as a skinny 17-year old in Kitchener playing for the Jr. B Greenshirts and later the Jr. A Rangers. Jim Lorentz played for the rival Jr. B Waterloo Siskins before making his way to the NHL. I miss Jim on the MSG broadcasts. I have never been a Harry Neale fan.

Anyway, I was hoping that a majority of the NHL games on CI would be in HD as we were told, and so far it has been a small minority. And if we are waiting for Dish to sign up for RSN HD's in order to get more HD games on CI, we can kiss the all the Canadian HD broadcasts goodbye, since Dish doesn't have any of them as RSN's.

It really sucks...

Is there a reason why we get the full postgame shows for most Colorado and Buffalo games? Every other game, the feed gets cut pretty quickly after the game. I could guess that the Avs feed continues because Dish's offices are in Colorado.

Is there a reason why we get the full postgame shows for most Colorado and Buffalo games? Every other game, the feed gets cut pretty quickly after the game. I could guess that the Avs feed continues because Dish's offices are in Colorado.

You could guess but you would most likely be wrong. Dish has not stake in the Av's except that it lives in the same area.
I guess using your logic, then the Ducks and the Kings feeds must stay on longer on DTV because the Direct offices are in So. Cal. :rolleyes:

Why doesn't the Center Ice - HD feeds show MSG or FSNNY in HD? Even the programming guide for DISH shows MSG (412) in HD.

Tonight's game Devils vs. Stars on 412 is tagged with the HD symbol - yet I can guarantee as a Center Ice subscriber I won't get to see that feed. I'll get the SD game only.

TV listings guide, TV shows, cable TV, satellite TV, TV schedules on Zap2it

What gives here? FSNNY, MSG and MSG2 all have HD feeds of the games (since they promote that at the start of the games) yet we can't get them? There's no reason not to get the HD feed shown locally when the same feed is shown in SD on CI.

So disappointed after being so happy when NHL HD channels were added to the lineup.