NHL Center Ice Renewal...

Hockey Night in Canada fans

Seeing replies mentioning Hockey Night in Canada which I also love to watch - but how are you guys not near the border getting it? Do you also have Canadian satellite subs in addition to E*? Or does CI have the Canadian broadcast? Thanks for any info.

Seeing replies mentioning Hockey Night in Canada which I also love to watch - but how are you guys not near the border getting it? Do you also have Canadian satellite subs in addition to E*? Or does CI have the Canadian broadcast? Thanks for any info.

CI carries it. Every Saturday! Unfortunately quite a few of my LA Kings tickets are for Saturday nights so I don't always get to see HNIC in its entirety. But I catch it as often as possible!

Now pls do it in HD and it'll be hockey heaven! :up

I'm glad CI carries it. Now I don't have to worry about dropping my cable and missing HNIC. Although I can't stand Don Cherry sometimes but of course you gotta love him the rest of the time. I'm not sure I'm ready for Don Cherry in HD. Go Pens.

I kinda had a feeling it was too good to be true. Jim and Erik talked it up a few weeks ago, saying most of the NHL CI games will also be shown in HD. For the schedule so far, there isn't a SINGLE Red Wings HD game in October, and TWC (which I just canceled and replaced with Dish) already has 3 scheduled. :mad: Pretty lame and disappointing, considering I joined Dish mainly to see Red Wings in HD.

For the schedule so far, there isn't a SINGLE Red Wings HD game in October,

October 14th vs. the kings will be in HD

DISH Network -- Sports Overview

3 Games in November will be on HDNet

VS will be carrying the the following games....Good chance it'll be HD:

11/13
11/27
12/4
12/31
1/8
2/18

I'm sure their HD schedule is not set in stone neither. You may see a few games just pop up in HD the day of...or day before.

I kinda had a feeling it was too good to be true. Jim and Erik talked it up a few weeks ago, saying most of the NHL CI games will also be shown in HD. For the schedule so far, there isn't a SINGLE Red Wings HD game in October, and TWC (which I just canceled and replaced with Dish) already has 3 scheduled. :mad: Pretty lame and disappointing, considering I joined Dish mainly to see Red Wings in HD.

Yeah, I know how you feel (being a transplanted Red Wings fan, myself). Looking at their TV schedule it looks like Fox Sports Detroit is doing pretty much every home game in HD. My understanding was that the CI channels were mostly mirrors of the RSNs that were turned on at game time. I'd assume the same would be true of the HD channels. Does this mean that these games aren't being shown on the regular FSND HD channel (channel 380, I think, for those in the detroit area)? Or are not all games shown on the HD RSNs not being mirrored on CI? Or is the guide perhaps just not 100% accurate that far out yet?

In any case, it's early in the season yet and I'm sure there are always bugs to work out. Overall, it's a step in the right direction. I imagine in a couple years, all the games will be available in HD (or so I hope). :)

Yeah, I know how you feel (being a transplanted Red Wings fan, myself). Looking at their TV schedule it looks like Fox Sports Detroit is doing pretty much every home game in HD. My understanding was that the CI channels were mostly mirrors of the RSNs that were turned on at game time. I'd assume the same would be true of the HD channels. Does this mean that these games aren't being shown on the regular FSND HD channel (channel 380, I think, for those in the detroit area)? Or are not all games shown on the HD RSNs not being mirrored on CI? Or is the guide perhaps just not 100% accurate that far out yet?

In any case, it's early in the season yet and I'm sure there are always bugs to work out. Overall, it's a step in the right direction. I imagine in a couple years, all the games will be available in HD (or so I hope). :)

Dish does have the HD feed of FSN Detroit, for those in the area, so theres no reason it cant be shown for CI broadcasts. I mean if it was something like MSG which is NOT up on dish yet, I would understand. Thats why the Rangers vs. Panthers game tonight was only shown in HD through the Panthers broadcast......cause Dish doesn't have HD MSG. HD FSN Detroit though, is THERE so theres absolutely no excuse except that Jim and Erik were talking right out of their ass. Take a look at the HD schedule for the 10th.....

10/10/07 9547 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (FLA) 10/10/07 9548 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (TB) 10/10/07 9551 8:00 PM Edmonton vs Minnesota (MIN) 10/10/07 9547 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (FLA) 10/10/07 9548 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (TB)

:mad:. What a joke! They list the same games twice?!? Like you said, its early in the season, hopefully they turn this around soon.

Does this mean that these games aren't being shown on the regular FSND HD channel (channel 380, I think, for those in the detroit area)? Or are not all games shown on the HD RSNs not being mirrored on CI? Or is the guide perhaps just not 100% accurate that far out yet?

It looks as if not all games offered by the RSN in HD will be mirrored on CI....just some.

10/10/07 9547 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (FLA) 10/10/07 9548 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (TB) 10/10/07 9551 8:00 PM Edmonton vs Minnesota (MIN) 10/10/07 9547 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (FLA) 10/10/07 9548 7:30 PM Floridia vs Tampa Bay (TB)

:mad:. What a joke! They list the same games twice?!? Like you said, its early in the season, hopefully they turn this around soon.

OMG Dish made a mistake. Might as well just write them off now as a reputable company and go back to the rabbit ears.

I don't know what they are doing with CI for sure, but I am a Red Wing fan in the Detriot Foot Print and not all Wings games are in HD. I believe the first game on FSD (Fox Sports Detriot) is Monday night. CI is not showing anything on the HD Channel next to the SD channel, but that would be the first chance to see.

Geoff

I don't know what they are doing with CI for sure, but I am a Red Wing fan in the Detriot Foot Print and not all Wings games are in HD. I believe the first game on FSD (Fox Sports Detriot) is Monday night. CI is not showing anything on the HD Channel next to the SD channel, but that would be the first chance to see.

Geoff

I understand not all Red Wing games are shown in HD. But all the home games broadcasted on FSD ARE in HD and are shown on the HD FSD channel through Dish. I just wish they could mirror most of them to CI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts