NHL Center Ice Renewal...

i have directv and CI and not one game in the two nites was in HD --- and i just ordered dish today - for the dual feeds

i have directv and CI and not one game in the two nites was in HD

So the Dish subs of CI should be grateful to get 'some' games in HD. I watched the whole Wings season last year in SD on my HDTV. Its a lot better than not seeing it at all, listening to it on NHL Radio, or watching it on my computer.

The HD games for me is a bonus and really makes me want to watch other teams.

I understand not all Red Wing games are shown in HD. But all the home games broadcasted on FSD ARE in HD and are shown on the HD FSD channel. I just wish they could mirror most of them to CI.
You misunderstood my comment (as I didn't state it very well). The first HD game on FSD is on Monday (they have a game that is only SD on Saturday). I don't know if they will show it on CI in HD (it didn't look like it tonight), but I wanted to let you know when FSD is showing the first game in HD.

Geoff

You misunderstood my comment (as I didn't state it very well). The first HD game on FSD is on Monday (they have a game that is only SD on Saturday). I don't know if they will show it on CI in HD (it didn't look like it tonight), but I wanted to let you know when FSD is showing the first game in HD.

Geoff

My fingers are crossed and hoping for CI to show that HD feed.

Geoff

I think I understand what your saying. Keep in mind though that what I was saying only applies to home Detroit games. The Chicago game on Sat. isn't a home game so it may or may not be be in HD. The only games I know for sure to be shown in HD on FSD are home games. The first home FSD Red Wings broadcast is on Monday.

I think it's likely that they are still working the kinks out. I don't see any reason that they wouldn't show a game in HD if it's also being aired (by DISH) on the RSN in HD. Considering the season just started (and that these HD channels for CI are all new), I'd give it some time before worrying too much.

In looking over the CI games on the guide, I dont see any Canadian broadcasts in HD. I know most of the Canadian games (if not all) are in HD -- Canadians would revolt if they weren't -- so does this mean that the only HD games we see will be where Dish provides local RSN HD? Why can't they just take the Canadian HD feed and show it to us?

I saw monday's game show up in the EPG when I looked earlier today. :up

Still nothing for the Wed or Fri games (also both at home and also both showing in HD on FSND) but I'd expect to see the HD feeds for them (baring any technical glitches and whatnot).

I saw monday's game show up in the EPG when I looked earlier today. :up

Still nothing for the Wed or Fri games (also both at home and also both showing in HD on FSND) but I'd expect to see the HD feeds for them (baring any technical glitches and whatnot).
I wonder if part of the "glitches" are due to the fact that there is a free preview of CI through Oct. 19 or something???

Geoff

just e-mail the NHL and tell them you want CBC in HD on CI, the more mail they get the better, doesn't do any good to e-mail Dish.

does any1 now if any hnic games will be in hd?

I don't think that CI has ANY HNIC HD feeds at all.
I think that the only reason that we get any HD at all is that E* has some FSNs HD channels up and I don't think that E* is allowed to put up any channels from Canada other than CI.

In one of the forums on CI, there was a statement by someone from Dish, I believe, that indicated that a majority of the NHL games available on CI would be in HD. When is this going to happen? So far I believe fewer than 20% of the games broadcast have been in HD.

Tonight, for example, there are 9 games scheduled in the guide. Two of these games are in HD -- Pittsburgh and Colorado (HD on both feeds) and Columbus at Anaheim. BTW, HD Net also has the Pittsburgh game in HD for a total of 3 HD choices -- for one game! The other 7 games are in SD.

While watching the Sabres at Bruins game on the Bruin feed tonight, "NESN HD" is shown on the banner at the top of the screen. Why, then, are we watching this broadcast in SD????? Dish has all these channels for HD hockey and doesn't use them!

I live in L.A., so the HD broadcast of the Anaheim/Columbus game is blacked out. The Columbus feed is in HD and the Anaheim feed is in SD. The Fox RSN's have not shown one Kings or Ducks in HD so far this year! Fox RSN's shows virtually all home games for the Red Wings and Blue Jackets in addition to some away games. And yet the Stanley Cup champions are shown only in SD so far! I feel that the network that has the exclusive rights to a broadcast should have their blackout rights removed if they fail to broadcast the game in HD.

End of rant...

While watching the Sabres at Bruins game on the Bruin feed tonight, "NESN HD" is shown on the banner at the top of the screen. Why, then, are we watching this broadcast in SD????? Dish has all these channels for HD hockey and doesn't use them!

I think the reason for this is that Dish doesn't currently carry NESN HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts