NHL Center Ice Renewal...

... Although he is obnoxious (and always has been), Don Cherry is very hockey knowledgeable and wears the most outragious suits, sportscoats and ties you have ever seen. Maybe you have to be a Canadian to appreciate it -- it is kind of a cult thing...:)
cherry rocks, especially when he's grumpy and ron eggs him on... and its fun to hear him try and take on the names of some players - ponakawhatski?

I tried to set a timer to remind me of the first Hurricanes game vs. Montreal on CI and got a message that the game isn't available to me. What gives? My RSN isn't broadcasting and it isn't on nationally. The next game on CI vs the Pens allowed me to set the timer.

Just curious from past CI buyers... Is CI worth it if you are mainly wanting to watch one team?For instance, I'm a Pittsburgh Penguins fan and want to catch as many games as possible and record what I miss.

i only watch the rangers - 10 years and its worth it to me-- i also watch hockey nite in canada -
how much do you like the pens?:)

I tried to set a timer to remind me of the first Hurricanes game vs. Montreal on CI and got a message that the game isn't available to me. What gives? My RSN isn't broadcasting and it isn't on nationally. The next game on CI vs the Pens allowed me to set the timer.

Yeah it's saying is blacked out for me (circle with a line through it on the top right info screen).. I live in NC but I never had a problem last year when FSN South wasn't covering the game. I hope it gets changed before the game because I'm not going to be able to make it to the opener. Skyroniter, you might want to write the Canes about it because writing Dish does nothing. I wrote the Canes and hope they get it fixed in time...

This is exactly why I get the CI package. I love being to see all the Wing's games. And if its anything like last year, you'll be able to get a choice of feeds so you can always get your home team's announcers.

If you are a fan, like to catch a lot of the games, and you are out of their market.....CI is the way to go.

Exactly- I go to tons of NHL games AND I get CI! There is no such thing as too much hockey! :D

So where's the NHL network? I heard it was launching at midnight.

Passionate Hockey Fan

Maybe... cept I have half season tickets to my team (LA Kings)- 24 games total at this point. How bout you?

I share a pair of season tickets with my son, with myself generally getting the biggest rivarly all the Toronto/Buffalo. It just so happens my wife is canadian and yep she is a leaf fan. Makes it extremely interesting at a sabres/leaf game when she is dressed in a leafs jersey and myself in sabres.

Thanks to the most ridiculous concession ever by the NHL to Versus... Versus owns exclusive rights to ALL opening night games. Vs. will carry two games, and you'll be given one of them depending on where you are. (Since it's kind of the "Detroit Network" it's likely you'll see the Red Things)

The other two games being played that night will be broadcast on Canadian networks. The Canes are the only team that will not have a broadcast of their season opener. Thanks NHL, another brilliant move.
Luckily I'll be at the game. But seeing crap like this done to any fanbase is just ridiculous. Get Bettman out already. damn.

I share a pair of season tickets with my son, with myself generally getting the biggest rivarly all the Toronto/Buffalo. It just so happens my wife is canadian and yep she is a leaf fan. Makes it extremely interesting at a sabres/leaf game when she is dressed in a leafs jersey and myself in sabres.

I'll bet that's good times! A lot of those east coast/Canadian rivalries are nuts. One of my faves is when the Leafs square off with the Sens. I pretty much do what I can to catch those games live on CI.

Thanks to the most ridiculous concession ever by the NHL to Versus... Versus owns exclusive rights to ALL opening night games. Vs. will carry two games, and you'll be given one of them depending on where you are. (Since it's kind of the "Detroit Network" it's likely you'll see the Red Things)

The other two games being played that night will be broadcast on Canadian networks. The Canes are the only team that will not have a broadcast of their season opener. Thanks NHL, another brilliant move.
Luckily I'll be at the game. But seeing crap like this done to any fanbase is just ridiculous. Get Bettman out already. damn.

Unacceptable. I know that we kvetch a lot about the things that E* should be doing for us NHL fans (more HD, NHL Network, etc). But this sport is on terminal life support until Bettman is gone. About the only thing he has done that has worked are some of the rule changes (I like the shootout and two line passes). The rest of the time it seems like he is trying to kill the sport.

I'm apparently going to be able to see the Canes game through RDS on Wednesday, but I'm not in the "Canes territory."

Looks like the first game on VS HD this Wed will be Det/Ana in Det. Hopefully it's not blacked out in the LA area forcing me to watch channel 56 or FSNW SD- blech.

Wonder if VS will continue with their rotten practice of calling the second game in a night 'bonus coverage' thus letting them off the hook to show the game in HD (well, that's how they look at it anyway since all the second games last season were in SD).

But this sport is on terminal life support until Bettman is gone. About the only thing he has done that has worked are some of the rule changes (I like the shootout and two line passes). The rest of the time it seems like he is trying to kill the sport.

During the London games, they kept talking about the NHL wanting to expand to Europe. Ummm....can I get to see the Rangers, Devils, and Flyers play in Phoenix more than once every three years first???

Is the ridiculous NHL schedule of the last couple of years one of Bettman's bright ideas that youre talking about? The phoenix coyotes hardly sell out. With the huge fanbase teams like the rangers have out here, you'd think they'd want to fill some of the those empty seats with them once in a while.

Yeah it's saying is blacked out for me (circle with a line through it on the top right info screen).. I live in NC but I never had a problem last year when FSN South wasn't covering the game. I hope it gets changed before the game because I'm not going to be able to make it to the opener. Skyroniter, you might want to write the Canes about it because writing Dish does nothing. I wrote the Canes and hope they get it fixed in time...
I will. Thanks for the info.

This might have been discussed earlier in the thread, but I don't remember seeing it... If something will be broadcast in Hd, like the Friday Pens game, how long in advance will I know?? I want to record it!

This might have been discussed earlier in the thread, but I don't remember seeing it... If something will be broadcast in Hd, like the Friday Pens game, how long in advance will I know?? I want to record it!

Typically you can expect to see HD games that are going to be broadcast on E* about a week in advance in the guide. However, I have seen it happen within a day of broadcast. It always pays to check the day of your game on the HD channels (whatever Dish has this season) to make sure your game is or isn't on so you can DVR it.

Any one else having billing problems?

On friday I got my renewal subscription letter. When I check my recent activity on my E* billing, they charged me the lump sum of $149.00, rather breaking it up over the three payments like last season. So yesterday I called the "famous offshore" CSR Dept, requesting the change, and guess what.
I just check my recent activity and they placed me on three payment plan alright, but failed to have the $149.00 charge dropped from my bill. I wish E* would get rid of the offshore people once and for all:mad:

During the London games, they kept talking about the NHL wanting to expand to Europe. Ummm....can I get to see the Rangers, Devils, and Flyers play in Phoenix more than once every three years first???

Is the ridiculous NHL schedule of the last couple of years one of Bettman's bright ideas that youre talking about? The phoenix coyotes hardly sell out. With the huge fanbase teams like the rangers have out here, you'd think they'd want to fill some of the those empty seats with them once in a while.

The NHL had a meeting, last week I think, and they are going to change the schedule for next year and it looks as though all teams will play each other at least once a year. They are going to have another meeting in Nov. and settle this once and for all.
wolfjc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)