NHL Center Ice- They're smoking Crack!

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
For the second time in 4 days NHLCI is showing the SD feed of the Penguins, and blacking out the HD feed of the game. The HD feed is being broadcast on DirecTV, taking HD bandwidth from all for a single market.

On Saturday the Pens-canes game was in HD, but only available to the RSN customers that get the Carolina games. Tonight the HD feed is there but only available to Tampa Bay (Sunshine Network) RSN customers.

The Penguins have got to have the most boring, banal duo of announcers in sports, but why doesn't the NHL give preference to games HD feeds?

Three syllables, Pa-the-tic!

I thought NHL-CI was getting them before, D* must've changed something, maybe unintentionally.

projectorsrule said:
For the second time in 4 days NHLCI is showing the SD feed of the Penguins, and blacking out the HD feed of the game. The HD feed is being broadcast on DirecTV, taking HD bandwidth from all for a single market.

On Saturday the Pens-canes game was in HD, but only available to the RSN customers that get the Carolina games. Tonight the HD feed is there but only available to Tampa Bay (Sunshine Network) RSN customers.

The Penguins have got to have the most boring, banal duo of announcers in sports, but why doesn't the NHL give preference to games HD feeds?

Three syllables, Pa-the-tic!

projector,

where are you from??

you are a penguin and i do believe a steeler fan.

jim and rose use the term "fly over country"

are you in the pgh DMA??

id LOVE to have a beer with you.

if he was in the penguins market he wouldn't be complaining about it because he'd be able to watch the game, because they're using Pit's feed

I'm about 187 miles from you. I'm a Sharks fan and Bengals sado-masochist.

I'd be up having a beer!

CMH DMA

i agree i dont pay nhlci fees just to watch a black screen when hd hockey is shown
this is like the 5th-6th nhl hd hockey game thats been blacked out on me since i got hd after thanksgiving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)