NHL Center Ice with dish remote acsess

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcoppola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Charleston, SC
I am one the few that have had little trouble watching dish on my phone or Ipad. Why though, do the center ice channels which I subscibe to not show up in the guide when I try to watch remotely?

Live PPV events are not able to be streamed by the Sling Adapter. You can record an event on the Center Ice channels and then watch the recorded event. If you have any additional questions feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!

Thanks Raymond, why are they considered PPV you can't really order just 1 event. When ordered in the begining of the year why aren't these subscribed channels like a movie package?

This is why I didn't order center ice with dish. I have gamecenter live which I stream to my ps3/pc/ipad/phone etc. much better control and all it takes is changing the hdmi input on the tv plus I can watch it when my wife watches her shows.

I get them on remote access, I just have to enter the channel number i.e. 626.
But they seem to show up in the guide from time to time, but the channels list the wrong games in the guide.

elmafu69 said:
This is why I didn't order center ice with dish. I have gamecenter live which I stream to my ps3/pc/ipad/phone etc. much better control and all it takes is changing the hdmi input on the tv plus I can watch it when my wife watches her shows.

Concur. Ive had center ice previously and changed to Gamecenter this year. The flexibility of watching on virtually any platform, PC, iPad, phone, AppleTV or game console is worth every penny of the subscription.

Have you tried watching it on a hdtv by means of a hdmi output on a laptop? I plan to give it shot next year rather than the standard NHLCI package, that I have had for years.

dwarren2 said:
If they can be recorded, can you then watch the playback on the dvr right away?

Don't know about this ppv but regular channel program that is in recording can be viewed on sling without any problem. Test it out yourself

Islandguy43 said:
Have you tried watching it on a hdtv by means of a hdmi output on a laptop? I plan to give it shot next year rather than the standard NHLCI package, that I have had for years.

Yes....I believe you will be very happy with the result assuming you have enough bandwidth. The quality of the picture is very good on a 32" HDTV. Like I said earlier, I switched to Gamecenter this year because of the flexibility. Ive watched games on the PC, Apple TV and PS3 at home and while on the road. The quality (frame rate, smoothness) seems to be better on the PC and PS3 than the Apple TV. Im thinking the Apple TV is a bit underpowered as compared to the other two. The additional features, (DVR, archived games, in game stats, choice of home and away feeds, etc.) is a real value add over CI. The only downside is game blackouts when games are shown on VS or NHL Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)