NHL Center Ice

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi folks,

Just curious has anyone heard if NHL Center Ice is going to come with online access, NHL TV, this year like MLB Extra Innings does?

Thanks,

J

I'd like to know if the majority off games are going to be in HD this year. I was going to sign up last year but saw almost everything was listed as SD

I'd like to know if the majority off games are going to be in HD this year. I was going to sign up last year but saw almost everything was listed as SD
Center Ice has been 90%+ HD for a couple of years now. The guide will usually list both the HD and SD feeds but just choose the HD feed and you are good to go. A couple of the small market teams are the most likely to have SD only feeds and that is only because their local RSN will prioritize NBA over NHL so no HD feed is available.

Unfortunately the NHL still doesn't see fit to include the NHL.TV package with Center Ice Package. Worst thing is the NHL.TV and Center Ice packages blackout any "National Games" this includes any game broadcast on NHL Network, MSNBC and NBC. For a fan of a popular team this can mean upward of 20 games.

Reactions: HipKat
Center Ice has been 90%+ HD for a couple of years now. The guide will usually list both the HD and SD feeds but just choose the HD feed and you are good to go. A couple of the small market teams are the most likely to have SD only feeds and that is only because their local RSN will prioritize NBA over NHL so no HD feed is available.

Unfortunately the NHL still doesn't see fit to include the NHL.TV package with Center Ice Package. Worst thing is the NHL.TV and Center Ice packages blackout any "National Games" this includes any game broadcast on NHL Network, MSNBC and NBC. For a fan of a popular team this can mean upward of 20 games.

Thanks for that info. I just looked at the website for that package and it showed mostly SD. Being a Sabres fan stuck in IL, and the team starting to come up, I want to catch their games this year

The only SD games i encountered were any games between MSG teams (Rangers, Islanders, Devils, and Sabres) and Canadian broadcasts other than the main HNIC games. It's interesting that, despite living in Flyers and Penguins blackout territory, the only time I am blacked out is when either is on NHL Network and, in the case of the Penguins, I can watch the game on their station should I choose to do so.

That’s a provider choice. DirectTV (and one other I can’t think of right now) chose to add that option last year, Dish did not.

That’s a provider choice. DirectTV (and one other I can’t think of right now) chose to add that option last year, Dish did not.
I can't find a reference to NHL.TV being included with Center Ice on DirectTV's website. Not saying you are wrong but if true it is an interesting decision point for Hockey Fans.

It started last year. NHL Center Ice Activation to do it (here is my discussion with NHL.TV - it goes on to say DishNetwork chose not to.) I chatted with Dish but that got us nowhere.
IMG_0202.jpg

I see on the NHL TV website you can now authenticate your cable or sat providers Center Ice sub to get NHL TV for 2017-2018, lots of options there but Dish not amongst them. Maybe when Dish goes live with the Center Ice sub there'll be an option to authenticate from them as well, but I'm not hopeful. Will likely just stick with NHL TV on its own, which in itself is fine, but there's something to be said about being able to just turn on the TV on and switch to a channel. Really wish we could have both like DirecTV customers.

Reactions: HipKat
No - just like last season Dish Network will not be authorized. Which is strange - because Dish does link to MLB.TV if you buy Extra Innings.
Thanks for that information. Hate to give up my Hopper 3 but this just might tip me over to DirectTV, especially if I can get unlimited data on my ATT phone too.

I recall watching a few NHL games at least in part on my phone last year with DishAnywhere and the Center Ice package for our Hoppers. I have unlimited data from AT&T for one of our hotspots. Works fine on my Verizon Android phone... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)