NHL CI HD schedule (Pathetic)

spy178

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
New England
Is dish serious? I really hope this is an incorrect schedule and more games will be shown, I haven't had a chance to go through my guide to see what's showing for the next week there, but the online schedule has been pretty accurate the whole season.

To make matters worse, when comparing dish's CI hd schedule vs. d* it makes me want to shell out the hundreds of dollars to make the switch!

Dish CI HD Schedule:

DISH Network -- Sports Overview

D*'s CI HD/SD Schedue:

DIRECTV - NHL CENTER ICE Schedule

Hope all D* CI subs will enjoy their 7 games tonight broadcasted in HD and to everyone else, sorry for the excessive whining, but I'm bored and felt like venting.

Maybe Dish doesn't consider the NHL a BEST sports? Only say that since the Dish web site says "DISH Network has the BEST sports and movies in HD...";)

So if that NHL Directv HD schedule is true, they are taking the Canadian feeds and broadcasting them in HD? I also see it says the Canes-Rangers game is being shown in HD and according by nhl.com it isn't..

NHL.com - Schedules

Well the NHL site doesn't list the Canes home broadcast channel of FSN South, so that's probably where the HD feed will come from tonight. I've read other's say they've seen Canes HD games on FSN South on D*.

The direc subs complained big time-Shazzam! HD CI!!! Im one of those suckers who shelled out 140 bucks to get CI from Dish! IT SUCKS.

So I spent a couple of hundred bucks and brought in Direc just for MSGHD AND CI-WOW-
ALL i can say is its worth every penny!!
I still have dish but Im not sure why im keeping them

Ok, I do, its the 622-Its the best-But the HD on direc blows everything else away.
If only the had the 622 all would be perfect.

Well the NHL site doesn't list the Canes home broadcast channel of FSN South, so that's probably where the HD feed will come from tonight. I've read other's say they've seen Canes HD games on FSN South on D*.

The Canes aren't on FSN South tonight. I live in NC and a Canes fan, so I know. FSN South doesn't produce any HOME Canes games in HD for some stupid reason anyway, but FSN South isn't showing the game at all tonight.

Dish does not have contracts with FSN-Bay Area, FSNY, MSG, NESN in HD that's where we miss so many HD games. FSNY and MSG in HD has been showing alot of road games in HD this year as well.

The Canes aren't on FSN South tonight. I live in NC and a Canes fan, so I know. FSN South doesn't produce any HOME Canes games in HD for some stupid reason anyway, but FSN South isn't showing the game at all tonight.
My mistake. I don't have CI but we're getting it free this week on D* so I checked it out.

The Rangers/Canes game was in HD - it was the MSG HD feed - so the NHL.com schedule is not always correct. The pregame was in HD, but then right before they dropped the puck, MSG had a problem and put up their "We're experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by" screen. There was still audio. Then the picture came back but was SD 4x3 with the MSG HD pillar boxes. Then late in the first period the full HD picture came back. I didn't watch the whole game, but was curious to see what feed it was, and then was curious to see if/when the HD picture would come back.

The HD PQ looked great on all the early games I checked out. NESN HD was great!

So if that NHL Directv HD schedule is true, they are taking the Canadian feeds and broadcasting them in HD? I also see it says the Canes-Rangers game is being shown in HD and according by nhl.com it isn't..

NHL.com - Schedules

Well the folks over at DBSTALK are all complaining that the none of the Canadian feeds are in HD they really want HNIC to have a HD feed but it does not well it does it is just that the USA CI does not carry it.

I am also really, really, really wanting HNIC in HD. As others have said, Directv has it as does cable (sometimes). I send DISH an email every week asking for HNIC in HD and most of the time I receive their canned response, but twice I've received "we're aware of the interest in this channel and are working with our programming people to add this." I'm not holding my breath.

I am not too happy with DISH's seemingly decreasing HD CI coverage. Last month the Kings were playing the Avs, and Altitude HD (channel 360) was carrying the game. The HD CI channels did not list the game. So I called DISH to find out if my guide was wrong or the mapping wasn't working and they told me that DISH didn't buy the rights to show the game in HD on the CI package. I asked for an explanation as I thought that as long as DISH had the HD signal, they could show it on CI HD (ie: RSN-HD channels). Apparantly they have to "bid" on the HD games and in the case of the Kings v. Avs game, Directv paid for it, DISH didn't because there wouldn't be an interest in that game in HD (it was avail in SD) outside of the Avs' market and that it would be a waste of money that would result in higher programing costs. I told him I didn't believe it since the Center Ice package price is set by the NHL to be the same across all US providers. He mentioned something about if DISH had to spend too much extra money to get HD games that no one watched that might then decide to not carry any HD games (wtf!?!?, that makes no sense). Anyways, I asked him if he knew if DISH was planning on carrying more CI HD games so I could decide if I would switch to directv for next season. He responded with "DISH is the leader in HD." About that . . .

Now, I'll step down off my soapbox and say that overall I'm pretty happy with the HD games that are shown on CI. I'm at the point now where if they don't add the ability to carry Canadian feeds (TSN, CBC, Rogers Sportsnet) in HD, I'll just buy a Canadian dish. It'll be more money, but then I'll be able to watch all those channels 24/7 instead of just for the games.

Charlie has already got our full season payment for CI and has no incentive to upgrade now to the HD level promised at the beginning of the season. Remember the statement that a majority of the CI games would be broadcast in HD?

Well, they are, but not on Dish...

NHL Network has used Leafs-tv HD, TSN-HD and Rogers Sportsnet HD feeds yet we can't get them in Center Ice. Makes no sense at all.

you guys also notice that Dish is adding commericals into broadcasts, cutting into the live action? i've tracked 3x in the last two weeks where they went to a commerical, but didn't come back in time- once was 30s into the action the other two times were over a minute each! i called into bettman's show on XM and he said that should NOT be the case - he gave me an email to send my complaint to at the NHL - which i promptly did!

while i know the topic of this is not really the NHL network but was thinking it would be really sweet if the would show either junior hockey or some minor league games on those nights that they don't show an NHL game, instead of NHL on the fly all night long. I know that in Canada the NHL network covers junior hockey and minor league games ... Just a thought.

Dish is dropping the ball on NHL CI HD

NHL Network has used Leafs-tv HD, TSN-HD and Rogers Sportsnet HD feeds yet we can't get them in Center Ice. Makes no sense at all.

The sad part is that in the buffalo area, dish doesn't offer the MSG-HD, like twc and direct, so we are forced to watch the sabres in compressed sd crap. Amazingly though the other nite, during the Buffalo/Florida game, the nhl network did one of their live drop in on the game, and they were broadcasting the game in hd but dish wont!!!

Pretty much sums up my decision come spring after my CI subscription is over, to move to direct. Atleast there I will get sabres in hd, plus the yankees in hd, and three of my locals in hd.:mad:

I have to agree that not only HD coverage is pathetic, but the quality of SD games is worse than youtube at this point. Anyone catch the isles vs. montreal this morning? aweful!!

It also appears they're starting to drop some of the multifeeds as well, such as last night when they only showed the MSG SD broadcast of the rangers vs devils, but no FSNY

I have to agree that not only HD coverage is pathetic, but the quality of SD games is worse than youtube at this point. Anyone catch the isles vs. montreal this morning? aweful!!

It also appears they're starting to drop some of the multifeeds as well, such as last night when they only showed the MSG SD broadcast of the rangers vs devils, but no FSNY

Dish used FSNY, it was way up by channel 557 or 558 for some reason, must have been added late to the lineup

NHL.com shows CSN-Philadelphia and FSN-Pittsburgh both televising the 1pm game on Feb 10th now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)