Nhl Ci Hd

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
I have been a NHL CI subscriber on D* for sometime. Acquiring an HDTV shortly and was looking for feedback regarding BEV NHLCI HD compared to D* NHLCI HD. If NHL HD games is what I am looking for is BEV the way to go? Appreciate any feedback.

Absolutely YES.

In addition to NHL CI HD on Bell, you will also get CBC HD and TSN HD games.

http://www.bell.ca/web/tv/en/all_regions/pdfs/hd_centre_ice.pdf
Bells NHL CI HD sked

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/tvschedule.html
CBC's NHL sked including HD

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=684
TSN's NHL sked including HD

ALso with Bell you get HD US Nets from Seattle and Boston and a cheap NFL ST with HD. SportsNet also shows additional NBA and MLB HD games.

Where do you live (what state)? Make sure that you can get EVU's feed.

Usually sometime around February I think they have a 1/2 season.

If you are in SJ, you may not be able to get all of Bell's programming because of satellite footprint. I know Socal has issues.

I'm actually in Ohio, np problems here!

Oilers -

I live in Pennsylvania and I don't believe there is signal issue here.

Absolutely the way to go. It's the number one way to get HD hockey right now.

Best to be a Bruin fan, though. I think there's over 50 Bruin games on in HD.

Since the NHL CI is an out of market package for folks in Edmonton and Calgary do they see the same games on there local sports channel (Sportsnet West)? Essentially Edmonton would see Oilers and Flames games or is there different blackout rules for such games.

Since the NHL CI is an out of market package for folks in Edmonton and Calgary do they see the same games on there local sports channel (Sportsnet West)? Essentially Edmonton would see Oilers and Flames games or is there different blackout rules for such games.

Oilers and Flames share the same region which is Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and NWT. So in Edmonton, we get both Flames and Oilers on SNET West (and PPV).

Oilers and Flames share the same region which is Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and NWT. So in Edmonton, we get both Flames and Oilers on SNET West (and PPV).
An added complication is: if game is on PPV then CI subscribers in the region are blacked out and must see it on PPV. In addition, if SNET is carrying the game and it is being shown in HD on CI, the HD telecast is blacked out for those in the region.

An added complication is: if game is on PPV then CI subscribers in the region are blacked out and must see it on PPV. In addition, if SNET is carrying the game and it is being shown in HD on CI, the HD telecast is blacked out for those in the region.

On a overall schedule perspective what region (or location) would be the best to see the most games (HD preferred) without dealing with as many PPV games or local games not televised. Any insight on that?

Just curious for those with BEV in Quebec and the maritimes do they get to see the Montreal games or all the games in French on RDS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)