NHL fans dont hold your breath.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
This could be an indication whats coming down the line from dish network, IE: more of the same!

Blues make changes in front office - St. Louis Blues - bnd.com

Asked about Dish Network's ongoing struggle with Fox Sports Net regarding broadcasting rights for NHL games --including those of the Blues -- McCarthy said things remain at a stalemate for the second straight year.
As a result, some Blues games are not available to viewers with a Dish Network subscription.
"I'm hearing good things, but I wish we were in control of it and we're not," McCarthy said. "We're innocent bystanders in this debate, but it's one of the things that I wanted to focus on much more directly now that I'm in this seat."

NHL Fans can buy Gamecenter online, and get all the games. Problem solved.

1) GameCenter Live is still subject to blackout restrictions, so that doesn't work for fans living in St Louis.

2) The NeuLion codec used by GameCenter Live is barely acceptable full-screen on a 15" laptop, it's a disaster if you hook your computer up to a screen 32" or larger.

Why don't u wander over to the D* forums and complain about the prospect of G4 being pulled

why? Because Bob posted a legit article about a legit issue with Dish? And it will maybe save some threads about "why cant I see the St Louis Blues tonight on Dish"

and G4 being pulled? never watch it :)

Just converted to the EARC and MSG HD is up. Missed Saturday's game since we had company. So I'll check the next game.
You sure about that?

MSG and MSG+ has been mapped to 61.5 TP30 since around 2008, but they have never changed status from "Not Available," and there is no news about Dish actually working out a carriage agreement with MSG.

You sure about that?

MSG and MSG+ has been mapped to 61.5 TP30 since around 2008, but they have never changed status from "Not Available," and there is no news about Dish actually working out a carriage agreement with MSG.

You don't need to have a game up to see if you are actually getting an HD feed from MSG and MSG +, which I would be shocked but very happy to hear. Furthermore, you can check out the Buffalo Sabres game tonight which is to be broadcast on
MSG-B HD at 7pm.

You don't need to have a game up to see if you are actually getting an HD feed from MSG and MSG +, which I would be shocked but very happy to hear. Furthermore, you can check out the Buffalo Sabres game tonight which is to be broadcast on
MSG-B HD at 7pm.

I could not find the game last night. MSG HD has disappeared from my guide. Had to call for a rehit just to get MSG SD and SNY to show up in my guide on both my receivers.

I could not find the game last night. MSG HD has disappeared from my guide. Had to call for a rehit just to get MSG SD and SNY to show up in my guide on both my receivers.

As I suspected. If Dish had worked an agreement to broadcast the MSG's in HD, Scott would mostly likely immediately post it on the front page. Many of us, whom where forced to TW or D* would be dishing it up immediately if that was the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)