NHL preseason and Center Ice

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
i jumped from directv to dish last october - does dish show preseason center ice games ?? i know with direct i had to call and complain constantly and i even contacted the NHL offices- then they'd be on.

tell me i won't have this battle with dish too!

i jumped from directv to dish last october - does dish show preseason center ice games ?? i know with direct i had to call and complain constantly and i even contacted the NHL offices- then they'd be on.

tell me i won't have this battle with dish too!

I don't recall any being on the television version last year, but do recall getting them on the online version.

I don't recall any being on the television version last year, but do recall getting them on the online version.

Correct. In fact, I've never seen a pre-season game on the cable or Dish version of center ice. I'm sure the online version will offer their free preview. If you check teams' individual schedules you can see which ones actually televise pre-season games. It's not that many from what I recall. Finally, if you are resourceful there are several other online broadcast sources that webcast the games even if you're blacked out or if Center Ice is not carrying the game. You'll probably have to jump through a hoop or two with some software downloads and configurations but after that the quality is normally pretty decent.

Maybe they might show some preseason games on NHL Network this year? I know they do on the Canadian version of NHL Network...We didn't have it early enough to find out last year, so I guess we will see? I remember them showing all of the games that were broadcast during the preseason last year....

i was with directv for 10 years and every preseason i'd get on the phone and call and complain that the games we're on. usually, they'd get them on fairly quickly but last year i ended up emailing the NHL and actually received a call back from on of the CI guys! the games were then on - and by games, i mean the rangers who typically televise all their exhibition games - btw i'm in chicago

i was with directv for 10 years and every preseason i'd get on the phone and call and complain that the games we're on. usually, they'd get them on fairly quickly but last year i ended up emailing the NHL and actually received a call back from on of the CI guys! the games were then on - and by games, i mean the rangers who typically televise all their exhibition games - btw i'm in chicago

You have been elected to email and complain again this year for us then:)

You have been elected to email and complain again this year for us then:)

i'm on it! seriously, i will email them now and see what happens. surprisingly enough, the nhl was quite helpful last year - getting a call back?? unbelievable!

i'm on it! seriously, i will email them now and see what happens. surprisingly enough, the nhl was quite helpful last year - getting a call back?? unbelievable!

Eddie, feel free to post any email addresses that you've used in the past that have received response/action. I'd think most of the folks on here will join you in order to get a few extra games on Center Ice.

Well believe it or not, I called into "The Commish" show on XM Radio last year complaining that Dish didn't have a deal made for the NHL CI Package last September; and the Commissioner himself told me in no uncertain words that the deal would be done with Dish and that we would have NHL Network. True to his words it happened. So hopefully we will get the the preseason games this year. I am not sure what date the Commissioner's Show starts, but it was on Thursdays at 4pm est, on XM Radio and NHL Com, last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)