NHL question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

btharner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
After many years of wishing, I will finally have satellite service this Saturday. I ordered the Dish Network multi-sport pack fully knowing that games such as the NHL, NBA, and MLS are blacked-out because they are part of Center Ice or League Pass, or Direct Kick. I actually bought the package to watch some other things but, in the course of browsing some other forums, I believe I read that the early-morning replays of NHL games are not blacked-out. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Depends... I have seen some that are and some that are not. It depends on the channel and the team's territory if they decide to black out those or not. No one can really say as there are so many factors. But I have seen both with multisport.

After many years of wishing, I will finally have satellite service this Saturday. I ordered the Dish Network multi-sport pack fully knowing that games such as the NHL, NBA, and MLS are blacked-out because they are part of Center Ice or League Pass, or Direct Kick. I actually bought the package to watch some other things but, in the course of browsing some other forums, I believe I read that the early-morning replays of NHL games are not blacked-out. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I have seen replays on msg of nhl games that were blacked out during the live game. But I am not sure how it works on all other channels.

For what its worth I've called DISH and emailed the NHL several times regarding blackouts of replays. Everytime I have called DISH they agree that a replay should not be blacked out. On one occasion the CSR said it was an error on their part, that the replay was not on the blackout list. It didn't fix anything, but she said that she would submit the issue to programming and have them "review" their blackout list. On the other occasion I was told that the replay was on the blackout list, so I emailed the NHL and received a reply that they would work with FSN-NY (it was a devils game) to make sure they didn't blackout replays. Don't hesitate to email the NHL and/or send them letters for these types of issues, they always tend to respond. In fact a couple of seasons ago they blacked out game 6 of the ducks/calgary playoff game on versus here in san diego since it was on KDOC-56 in LA/OC. You can't get KDOC with an antenna in san diego, nor can DISH offer it in san diego, so I had no game. I was pissed!!!! After I sent a letter to both the ducks and the NHL, I received a call from the NHL to let me know that they were aware of the problem, she apologized and told me that they fixed the problem so that if the ducks were on an out of market OTA station, it would not be blacked on in san diego on versus or center ice. True to her word, last season any game on KDOC wasn't blacked out on center ice or versus!

I used to tivo the replays when the original airing was a feed from the other team (so I could listen to the broadcast from my team's announcers) and about 9 out of 10 times this worked fine, but there would be the occasional black out on the replay.

It also used to be that if you subscribed to the center ice package and the RSN package it would open up the blackout since you subscribed to that same feed on another channel. My question in this scenario is if the RSN feed is available in HD but the center ice feed is SD, would it still 'open' the RSN HD feed... only time will tell I guess.

I too am a Devils fan (in Ohio) and hope I can get FSN-NY in HD

My question in this scenario is if the RSN feed is available in HD but the center ice feed is SD, would it still 'open' the RSN HD feed.

From what I've seen, the RSN HD feed is only live when there's a live HD game. So I don't think you'll see replays on the HD feed.

I'm afraid as far as FSNY and MSG in HD, looks like we're gonna be in the same boat as last year and the year before that. The greedy moron that owns those networks will have to die before satellite gets the HD feeds. I heard rumors he may give it up to E* CI but that's not looking real good right now from what I can see...or CANT see.

So you're the Devils fan. I heard you guys existed :)

Make that fan(s). Now you've found more than 1:D

Though it must be real tough for the devils who dont have a good home fanbase even, to find and keep out of market fans considering theyre not likely to ever see their teams in HD. Some fans who live in NJ can't even see them in HD if they dont have one of the couple of cable systems that carry them. That's really poor marketing by the team, nhl, the networks, etc. etc.

Msg - Hd

I'm afraid as far as FSNY and MSG in HD, looks like we're gonna be in the same boat as last year and the year before that. The greedy moron that owns those networks will have to die before satellite gets the HD feeds. I heard rumors he may give it up to E* CI but that's not looking real good right now from what I can see...or CANT see.

What really stinks about msg-hd is, that TWC in Buffalo is advertising they will have the home sabres games exclusively in HD. Thank god I have season tiks, because last years sd feed was lousy.

Go Sabres!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts