nhl

kozmo104

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Flint Michigan area
If the nhl comes back I wonder if dish is going to cash in on it? Or will they offer us all free nhl center ice for the rest of the season? One can only wish.

I would not get your hopes up about the season this year. pretty sure it is a done deal. hope i am wrong, but don't think so....

I would not get your hopes up about the season this year. pretty sure it is a done deal. hope i am wrong, but don't think so....

I totally get the same bad feeling. This season is gone. What a great league, two lost seasons in less than ten years. I can't believe that Bettman still has a job.

Why would Dish offer NHLCI for free unless the NHL subsidized it? If they wanted to steal customers from other providers I'd offer up free or heavily discounted RSN's or NFL RedZone. Honestly I think that Dish doesnt care if the NHL plays or not. What are they losing? It's the NHL and its players that are the losers in this whole mess as the fan base continues to decline.

It's the NHL that controls CI, and it would be up to CI to offer it for free and then compensate Dish for lost revenue. which isn't going to happen.

I say if there is no end to the lockout by mid January the season will be cancelled.

Hopefully we find out tomorrow if anything came from the "secret" meeting today. As far as CI goes, it would be nice to have but there is no way DISH is going to foot the bill for it. The league on the other hand would be wise to give it away being as though owe us fans.

Some positive news about the negotiations since that shrew Bettman isn't in there. That said, if we get like 40 games, hopefully they will do the proper pro-rated amount for CI and not some arbitrary number that will no doubt be more expensive.

I just saw on a FOXNEWS crawl that a Fed judge said that it was reasonable that there had been some monopoly in how MLB and NHL sent out their packages.
The defendants were Comcast and other cable cos and Direct but Dish and the NHL were not listed.
I have not been able to see any other news abotu this suite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)