Nice HD Download Service M$. NOT

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
13% of your movies are in HD. This is not including titles like The Matrix, Sum of All Fears, , We Were Soldiers or Zoolander.

15% of TV Shows are in HD. However only 32% of the TV shows in all are filmed in HD (TMK). So 50% of that is not too bad, but I expected more.

HD Movies are $6.00, or 480 M$ points, or $4.50/ 360 M$ Points
Vendetta 6.1GB
ATL 4.9GB
Clash of Titans 5.2GB 360 pts
Perfect Storm 5.7 GB 360 pts
Poseidon 4.5 GB
Unforgiven 5.7 GB 360 pts

Those are the only titles available right now. Again, I simply expected more. I don't really like the idea of DRM based internet movie d/l but I was willing to give it a chance. With these HD titles available, the only worth watching are V and Unforgiven which I have seen may times. Not to mention the size of these "HD" movies. If this is the case why do we even need HDDVD or BD, just throw a movie on a DVD with a WMVHD codec or something and leave it at that. I am going to d/l V and I will let you all know how the "720p" really looks.

As I am beginning to d/l V now, I see the option to "change storage device." If I were not homw for thanksgiving I would try using my external HDD, b/c it may actually work. Someone w/ an Ext HDD let us know.

Hey,

I'm excited to hear about the image quality of the HD movies. At 6 GB, it is hard to believe it will be very good.

there might be a lot of activity on xbl
with people like myself wanting to see how the movies look

but I think I will wait till next week to try it out

a 6mbps connection should take 2-3 hours....my internet is running great. when i d/l huge file fron XBL like demo's and such it takes less than 30 minutes..usually around 15 for the largest demos. i doubt its the isp.

I agree it should take about 2 hours. Sounds like the servers are getting killed. I'm going to check it out maybe download Poseidon I still have not seen that. Are the SD movies at least in Widescreen if so then thats not to bad should be dvd quality.

15% of TV Shows are in HD. However only 32% of the TV shows in all are filmed in HD (TMK).

I don't know any show in the last few years that wasn't shot on HD. All CSI shows (Miami, New York), NCIS, Nip/Tuck, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Over There, L word, Sopranos, Rome, The Wire, Deadwood, just off the top of my head...

Last edited:
MS has reported bandwidth issues as the service was more popular than they expected.

I didn't have any problem downloading the Oblivion expansion pak over the weekend, so i don't know if the delay is focused on the TV/movie download side of things, but I have a 30MB download speed from Cablevision so my speed may not be representative....

I was thinking of watching the Jericho episodes as I missed that bandwagon first time around....

MS has reported bandwidth issues as the service was more popular than they expected.

I didn't have any problem downloading the Oblivion expansion pak over the weekend, so i don't know if the delay is focused on the TV/movie download side of things, but I have a 30MB download speed from Cablevision so my speed may not be representative....

I was thinking of watching the Jericho episodes as I missed that bandwagon first time around....

You can watch those for free at cbs.com. Go now and catch up!! Great show, not in HD online of course.

I know.... Would be better to watch on my 57" widescreen in HD on my main TV instead of my 19" monitor with a bad ergonomic chair at my PC....

I too wish there were more hd shows available. That percentage does not make me a happy panda. Let's see how they do in terms of releasing new stuff.

I downloaded a couple of episodes of Jericho over the service. HD didn't look that much better than SD so I saved a few points and switched to Sd for the third episode. Good show, service worked fine,.. liked the fact I could watch it a few minutes after I started downloading (the rest downloaded in the background).

I have a 30MB downstream speed through Cablevision though, so my experience may not be typical....

I downloaded a couple of episodes of Jericho over the service. HD didn't look that much better than SD so I saved a few points and switched to Sd for the third episode. Good show, service worked fine,.. liked the fact I could watch it a few minutes after I started downloading (the rest downloaded in the background).

I have a 30MB downstream speed through Cablevision though, so my experience may not be typical....

30mb? :eek: You bastard! (i am so jealous the fastest I can get is 3000/364)

Don't be TOO jealous. It costs me $65 a month..... $50 for the 10MB speed, and an extra $15 for the "Boost" to 30. (It would be $10 cheaper but I don't subscribe to cable video)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)