Nice Pic

Or maybe I should cover all my connections with plastic bags. I don't want rain to get my connectors wet outside. That would just be terrible.

jrbdmb said:
Should I put drip loops on the connections into my receivers, just in case one of my kids throws a bucket of water into the TV cabinet some day? ;)

ROFL. That brightened my day.

Drip loops recommended for indoor wiring, required for exterior wiring. Service loops required for anywhere. You never know when fittings will go bad and you'll need a few inches of cable to make a new connection.

That part I understand it just don't make sense to say that you have to have them in case a water main breaks or something. That is just plain stupid.

I think Van is just being a DNSC "person" again.

That install looks fine to me - a lot like several I've done. The customers like nice straight feeds, and think that if there's any loops that it's a sloppy job. I push the NECESSARY service slack up out of the way for future use if needed.

But "drip loops" indoors - cut me a break, Van.

As for grounding indoors. AFAIK, it's legal as long as it's within 2 feet of the entry.

But loops are not going to do anything with a 70 lb spray from a burst pipe. The AC is not protected inside, so the only reason would be if the lines came in from the outside right next to these blocks. If code wanted it, they would specify that the AC needs it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)