Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US has learned that Nick Games and Sports (Nick Gas) will be removed from the Dish Network lineup tomorrow (Thursday).

When the change takes place Cartoon Network West will move to channel 177. There will be a slate on channel 181 notifying customers that the channel has moved to channel 177.

Still no word yet when NOGGIN will become a 24/7 channel since Dish Network now carries "The N" full time.

Here is an update... I just got this in my inbox..

DISH Network will be replacing the Nick Games and Sports channel with Toon West (For Classic Gold 250 customers) as of April 22nd. The Nick Games and Sports Network has stopped providing new content and signal to all cable providers and DirecTV.

In an effort to provide our customers with the best Nick content available, DISH Network will be removing Nick Games and Sports and replacing it with TOON West as well as splitting The N/Noggin to become two separate channels. Instead of 12 hours of content for The N and 12 hours of content for the Noggin, DISH will be providing 24 hour coverage of both channels on channel 169 and 181 beginning on May 27, 2009.

Important Information about Nick Games and Sports:
· This channel is no longer available with ANY TV provider
· This channel is going away to make room for new Nick content, The N on 181 and The Noggin on 169 (For Classic Gold customers)
· Toon West will only be replacing Nick Games and Sports in Classic Gold 250, not in DishFamily
· Customers can enjoy similar programming on NickToons, The N, Noggin and Nickelodeon

Is there some legal requirement to run a slate for channel moves for a certain period of time? With Nick GAS gone, why over a month wait for Noggin to become 24/7.

Huh... as a bronze subscriber, wonder if that means I'm losing Toon West. Not that I'll miss it... one feed of the cartoon network is plenty for me.

Is there some legal requirement to run a slate for channel moves for a certain period of time? With Nick GAS gone, why over a month wait for Noggin to become 24/7.
As I think thats the day Noggin changes its name to "Nick Jr" and "The N" becomes "Teen Nick"

As I think thats the day Noggin changes its name to "Nick Jr" and "The N" becomes "Teen Nick"

I had heard September on that, but who knows how reliable the source is.

Seems like it shouldn't take so long. Nick has already removed references to Nick Jr and Teen Nick in their programming blocks, so they won't be confused with the full time channels.

I saw something yesterday that said October 1st for these changes......as M Sparks said....who knows...

Noggin/N is currently in Classic Silver, and the N is also now in Classic Silver. The memo is confusing, will they stay the same, or will they both be moving to Classic Gold??(unhappy customers)

Last edited:
I saw something yesterday that said October 1st for these changes......as M Sparks said....who knows...

Noggin is currently in Classic Silver, and the N in Classic Gold. The memo is confusing, will they stay the same, or will Noggin be moving to Classic Gold??(unhappy customers)

Both Noggin and The N were/are in Classic Silver. Are they moving them around?

Dish putting TOON west in Gold 250 and leaving TOON east in Gold 200 makes NO SENSE whatsoever. Do they not like the western customers? It's the same exact content except one channel is a few hours behind. WTF?

Another question - if Noggin becomes Nick Jr. and The N becomes Teen Nick, what purpose does regular Nick serve? Everyone in between? I can't see "Teen Nick" appealing to anyone over the age of 14. They might as well call it Tween Nick.

I don't think the programming will change, only rebranding the names, so they will serve the same age groups that they currently do.

noggin = nick jr.

Nick = Nick

The N = Teen Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts